Best place to buy replacement parts for the Fascinate?

HeatherDG

Reaction score
I've owned my Verizon Samsung Fascinate for a whopping 48 hours and managed to shatter the glass and damage the LCD screen chasing my 18 month old at the produce stand while picking out pumpkins. I don't want to pay retail for another phone or activate my old BB. I did a google search and I want to buy a new glass/LCD combo and install it myself. I could also take it to the place in the mall that will install it for me for $60. I've found one online but I'm not sure if it's the right one. Does anyone have any suggestions for places to buy one from or installation tips/Youtube videos? Thanks in advance!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that...my friend shattered his HD2 screen, he had a mall kiosk guy fix it for him, and it looked perfectly fit and fine after...of course it won't be the same guy, just thought you'd like some thoughts

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
:welcome: to the forum!

I take it you don't have insurance. That's too bad. Here's the thing -- installing new screens is tricky at best, often requires specialized tools, and the parts are almost impossible to find. If you have a place that will install it for $60 then jump on it. Start looking on Craig's list and eBay for dead phones/bad ESN Fascinates with functional screens. Other than that you MIGHT find a digitizer assembly on eBay. Good luck.

Oh, and calling Verizon to get insurance put on for $8/month and then filing a claim tomorrow would be insurance fraud, so I don't recommend you do that. :)

OP
H

HeatherDG

Reaction score
Very valid points. I'm just so mad at myself for sticking the phone in my purse in the same pocket that I stuck my old BB 8330 in and thinking it would be fine. Ugh. My daughter tripped over a pumpkin and I bent down quickly to grab her and my purse swung around and the phone slid right out. I can order the LCD/glass part for $90 it looks like and have the mall people install for $60 which may be my best option.

Samsung Fascinate i500 LCD + Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement

Does this look like it is the right one?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I honestly wouldn't know a Fascinate digitizer from an Incredible digitizer. If the part numbers match then it should work. Just make sure you have a guarantee. :)

caminator

Reaction score
Any idea where to find those water stickers that VZW puts on all of the phones and battery's. It's the red sticker that changes if the phone gets wet.