LCD replacement

Raptor05121

Reaction score
Hey guys. My name is Alex and I'm a Firefighter with a 5-month old Droid Razr. Just joined and looking for a bit of help. I dropped it in a parking lot (I stupidly took it out of its Otter Box) and now the LCD below the digitizer is broken. The phone rings and still works as normal, I just can't see a damned thing. My local phone repair shop wants $320 to fix it. I'm technically savvy so I can fix it on my own, but the cheapest I can find the LCD/Digitizer is $230 (which I can not afford) off eBay, from a Chinese seller (no thanks). My phone is out of warranty and I'm in a pickle since I use my phone for GPS when responding to calls and also logging my calls with my local Fire Department's log run computer. This is a stretch for a first post, but does anyone know of a cheaper place to buy a replacement LCD? I've been searching and it appears a few of you guys are buying up extra Razr's, by any chance do one of you guys have one with an intact screen you would be interested in selling me?

Sub'd and hoping for some good, I've been depressed all week

Thanks,
-Alex

Sparkimus

Reaction score
Unfortunately that's the cheapest you'll be able to find that part. I work in a repair shop and even our corporate warehouse charges us $200 for them. That's typical of a newer Samsung display since they are fused to the digitizer and they are so large (Sammy makes the display for the RAZR).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sparkimus

Reaction score
Have you contacted Motorola? I heard somewhere that they will do the repair for something like $125.

OP
R

Raptor05121

Reaction score
Have you contacted Motorola? I heard somewhere that they will do the repair for something like $125.

Awesome, thanks for the suggestion. I did a few simple steps and when it asked for what type of damage, all I had to do was select physical damage. I sure hope they don't call me back and tell me its much more.

WHATT.jpg

Sparkimus

Reaction score
177 isn't too bad. That undercuts my shop by about $100.