1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can I use the lcd/digitizer from a water damaged phone to replace my cracked lcd?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by DavidZDR, Sep 25, 2012.

1. DavidZDR

DavidZDR New Member

The inner lcd on my 1 month old Droid Razr cracked (while in my pocket as I was racing go-karts...I know...stupid move!) There is now no display at all when the phone powers on besides the light for soft-touch buttons. the outer screen is still flawless. I would send it to Motorola and pay the repair cost, but because I bought the phone in the Dominican Republic (from a Motorola authorized service provider), Motorola won't fix it. The local provider wants $300 to fix it.

I've searched ebay and the online parts houses and the lcd/digitizer combos run around $225...

I was thinking of buying a water-damaged Razr off ebay and swapping the display/lcd/digitizer unit. In general, does water damage usually affect the lcd/digitizer? Or should I be able to swap it out?

Thanks in advance for your help!
  2. joshxdroid

joshxdroid New Member

My brothers RAZR got wet and now the touch screen does weird things at random. I would definitely not recommend that route.
Search tags for this page

a1332 water damage affect the digitizer lcd

can digitizers get water damage

can i use a digitizer from another phone to replace another

can water damage lcd on phone

does the digitizer get damaged in water

does water affect a digitizer

does water damage affect lcd

does water damage digitizer

does water damage effect lcd on cell phone

does water damage hurt digitizer

does water damage the digitizer on a galaxy s3