Best on market

pbickel

Reaction score
Is it just me or is the rezound Verizon's best phone? Every other phone has glaring issues when there are almost none on the rezound plus it comes with a beats!!! I think HTC got it 100% right and Verizon should market this phone more

Sent from my HTC Rezound

t35rk

Reaction score
LG Spectrum.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've played with the Spectrum, co worker from a client let me play with it, its a decent device, I actually prefer the Rezound. Hardware specs are pretty on par as well. I deff prefer Sense over whatever LG has...

I agree, the Rezound is a solid phone, HTC did a great job with it, just wished it got more air time in commercials and what not and not get drowned out by the Moto phones in almost every commercial you see...

OP
pbickel

pbickel

Reaction score
The reason I would put rezound over spectrum is because both are similar but I prefer the four bottom buttons. Also although the spectrum has a bigger screen by .2 inches the rezound has a 2 megapixel front while spectrum has a 1.3 meaning better video chat. And the rezound comes with built beats and I pair of beats which are probably worth about 100 themselves.

Sent from my HTC Rezound

t35rk

Reaction score
The reason I would put rezound over spectrum is because both are similar but I prefer the four bottom buttons. Also although the spectrum has a bigger screen by .2 inches the rezound has a 2 megapixel front while spectrum has a 1.3 meaning better video chat. And the rezound comes with built beats and I pair of beats which are probably worth about 100 themselves.

Sent from my HTC Rezound

The buds aren't much better than a $20 set of Scullcandys but you can sell them which is a plus. The LG has Dolby Mobile built in which is better than the more limited Beats Audio.

cp24eva

Reaction score
The LG spectrum looks and feels like a Nexus to a degree. plastic and light. I like a little more weight and solidness to me devices. So, HTC build are right up my ally. I will say this, the spectrum took some good pics when I was in the store with it. Still, another phone that Verizon has that is pretty good. If you got a Spectrum, i don't think you loose out on much at all. More of a preference thing, but you have to consider what level of dev support you might/might not get.

OP
pbickel

pbickel

Reaction score
I'm not bashing on the spectrum at all its all based on what you use it for and prefer. I love the shape of the rezound and the sense UI but both are great phones. I would just be scared LG would drop the spectrum like they did the revolution

Sent from my HTC Rezound

t35rk

Reaction score
The LG spectrum looks and feels like a Nexus to a degree. plastic and light. I like a little more weight and solidness to me devices. So, HTC build are right up my ally. I will say this, the spectrum took some good pics when I was in the store with it. Still, another phone that Verizon has that is pretty good. If you got a Spectrum, i don't think you loose out on much at all. More of a preference thing, but you have to consider what level of dev support you might/might not get.

Debates about which phone is "the best" is subjective. If you pull the dev support card then the Nexus wins. The thing about the LG is that it has the best screen in the store. The thing about the Rezound imo is that it is the most well rounded device on Verizon. The thing it does the best is that it doesn't do anything bad, and that doesn't make it the best (for me).

That's why I can love (loosely) the LG. It is the best to look at.

Last edited:

t35rk

Reaction score
I'm not bashing on the spectrum at all its all based on what you use it for and prefer. I love the shape of the rezound and the sense UI but both are great phones. I would just be scared LG would drop the spectrum like they did the revolution

Sent from my HTC Rezound

The Rezound is a great device, I just didn't agree with the op. It's screen just doesn't stack up. Good but not great.

Rezounder

Reaction score
There is no perfect phone. I held out an additional 3 months for the Droid 4 after holding out 3 months for what I thought would be the iPhone 5. When the 4s didn't offer 4GLTE or a larger screen, I waited for the Droid 4. At least it would have a keyboard, and a great one at that -- plus larger screen & 4G. But, when I compared to the Rezound - it seemed the singular advantage of the D4 was the keyboard. I've been trying to get used to software texting prior to ordering the Rezound. I think I can get there and enjoy the rest of the features.

Until the Spectrum came out, the Rezound screen was #1. So, it's not fair to say it's good, not great. It was the BEST - up until 3 weeks ago. Now, it's 2nd best (of 100 current phones).

What would make it better? Extended battery in a thinner shell. Better case options for extended battery. Beats audio to work universally. Better music player built on, on a home page. Physical button for camera. Better physical buttons in general. HDMI direct output. Doesn't have Motocast or iCloud.

However -- apps can improve the audio, one can get used to buttons, and USB-HDMI solutions exits. 1 case solution exists now - maybe more will come. The phone feels good in the hand, even at its large size. Motocast substitutes are available, and 5GB via Dropbox. Unlocked bootloader, etc. Still seems to be the best overall mix of features.

Great phone for late 2011/early 2012. Yet - it's not perfect. I hope ICS doesn't hog the screen real estate with redundant softbuttons all over the place.

Hopefully it will get the job done effectively for the next 20 months.

t35rk

Reaction score
There is no perfect phone. I held out an additional 3 months for the Droid 4 after holding out 3 months for what I thought would be the iPhone 5. When the 4s didn't offer 4GLTE or a larger screen, I waited for the Droid 4. At least it would have a keyboard, and a great one at that -- plus larger screen & 4G. But, when I compared to the Rezound - it seemed the singular advantage of the D4 was the keyboard. I've been trying to get used to software texting prior to ordering the Rezound. I think I can get there and enjoy the rest of the features.

Until the Spectrum came out, the Rezound screen was #1. So, it's not fair to say it's good, not great. It was the BEST - up until 3 weeks ago. Now, it's 2nd best (of 100 current phones).

What would make it better? Extended battery in a thinner shell. Better case options for extended battery. Beats audio to work universally. Better music player built on, on a home page. Physical button for camera. Better physical buttons in general. HDMI direct output. Doesn't have Motocast or iCloud.

However -- apps can improve the audio, one can get used to buttons, and USB-HDMI solutions exits. 1 case solution exists now - maybe more will come. The phone feels good in the hand, even at its large size. Motocast substitutes are available, and 5GB via Dropbox. Unlocked bootloader, etc. Still seems to be the best overall mix of features.

Great phone for late 2011/early 2012. Yet - it's not perfect. I hope ICS doesn't hog the screen real estate with redundant softbuttons all over the place.

Hopefully it will get the job done effectively for the next 20 months.

If you think the screen on the Rezound is the #2 in the store, then Gnex owners might have something to say about that... ;)

Anyway the thing is, the lcd screen on my Dinc1 is a better screen than the Rezound's. HTC skimped this time around. Not as much as MOTO skimped with the screen on the D4, but they did skimp.

Last edited:

shockracer

Reaction score
If you think the screen on the Rezound is the #2 in the store, then Gnex owners might have something to say about that... ;)

Anyway the thing is, the lcd screen on my Dinc1 is a better screen than the Rezound's. HTC skimped this time around. Not as much as MOTO skimped with the screen on the D4, but they did skimp.

I don't see how you think the Dinc1 has a better screen? 720X1280 I know I can read a full web page with out having to zoom in, can you? I was a Dinc1, and a Dinc2 owner and now I have a Rezound and I has by far a better screen then the Dinc1 or 2. The Rezound is a great phone.

LG just makes crappy phones every singal LG phone the wife and I ever had always fail, and according to Google it seems to be one of the top crappiest phone companies out there!

For me HTC sense is the best but that is my opinion.

t35rk

Reaction score
I don't see how you think the Dinc1 has a better screen? 720X1280 I know I can read a full web page with out having to zoom in, can you? I was a Dinc1, and a Dinc2 owner and now I have a Rezound and I has by far a better screen then the Dinc1 or 2. The Rezound is a great phone.

LG just makes crappy phones every singal LG phone the wife and I ever had always fail, and according to Google it seems to be one of the top crappiest phone companies out there!

For me HTC sense is the best but that is my opinion.

I'm reading this page which is the mobile version fine without any zooming. I need to double tap on regular websites and then it is great. Of course the screen on the Dinc1 is smaller, but that has benefits in form factor. Do you not double tap web pages, and which screen was on your Dinc1?

The Spectrum has similar Qualcomm internals as the Rezound. I believe their signals to be similarly dependable.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
I have tried most of the 4g LTE phones on the market from Verizon. The Resound is the best phone out there. Aside from the battery life,it has the best 4g lte antenna out there. I have used the Razr, Razr Maxx, galaxy nexus and the rezound. The only thing I don't like about the rezound is the keyboard lag it has since I type very fast. But smart keyboard pro fixed that issue.

Sent from my HTC Rezound