Best Launcher (in your opinion)

J*Bishop

Reaction score
launcher pro and adw combined using home switcher.

Don't ask me to choose cuz i won't, u hear me, i won't , never!!!!! :)
sent from my droid using tapatalk

choose!!!!

Well....since Home Switcher is not compatible with Froyo right now....I'm gonna have to choose soon. Cuz I'm keeping Froyo:)

i've seen that home switcher isn't compatible with froyo in several threads. odd because i'm using it now and i can switch between launcherpro and adw. yes, i'm on froyo 2.2.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I want a calendar on one screen, open and on the whole screen - where can I get that for free?

Pure Grid Calendar is very popular. I don't believe it's free, but only costs a couple bucks. There's an Agenda widget you can also download.

EDIT: Forgot to mention CalWidget too.

Last edited:

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was using Home++ but for the past few days I was having lots of forced closes so I just downloaded LauncherPro. I really enjoyed Home++ especially since you could take screen shots. I didn't use it that much for that, but it was still a nice feature.

I want a calendar on one screen, open and on the whole screen - where can I get that for free?
Calendar Pad works for me. It is what I was looking for. set it up as a 4x4 monthly widget, and there ya go.

DCMountaineer

Reaction score
ADW all the way for me. I've tried Launcher Pro and Helix. ADW is fast and stable and very customizable. Love the way you can assign the 'home' key as a hide/show status bar button. Also, the horizontal scroll in the app drawer is awesome. Don't know if I can go back to scrolling vertically (in stock or Launcher Pro).

Rated_R

Reaction score
ADW all the way for me. I've tried Launcher Pro and Helix. ADW is fast and stable and very customizable. Love the way you can assign the 'home' key as a hide/show status bar button. Also, the horizontal scroll in the app drawer is awesome. Don't know if I can go back to scrolling vertically (in stock or Launcher Pro).

That would be a problem for me as well. Horizontal pages for the app menu own.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

KidCuda

Reaction score
My choice is Launcherpro, I installed Froyo yesterday (but uninstalled because of the Google Voice problem). But I can't wait to have the power of 2.2 and Launcherpro combined!, it felt like an iPhone, in terms of scrolling and execution.

OP
TheBawse

TheBawse

Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

Based off the information in this thread I tried Launcher Pro and I love itdancedroid

I as well am using this in my froyo build

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, well, well,...seems like the latest updates to both ADW and Launcherpro are making them so similar to each other it even harder to decide...lol

kmarmet

Reaction score
Well, well, well,...seems like the latest updates to both ADW and Launcherpro are making them so similar to each other it even harder to decide...lol
aha thats where im at. i had launcher pro for awhile..then switched to adw and loved it. had it for a long time. then i saw everyone raving about launcher pro..so i tried it again. surprising the things i didnt like about it befor got fixed. so i started switching back and forth and couldnt tell the difference lol. but the adw dev is a dick, and since the last update it force closes constantly, and you can only have to bottom icons. so launcher pro it is. but the drawer doesnt open as fast as adw. launcher pro is the best, just like everyone says. hence the five out of five rating in the market.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Back when my Motorola Droid was activated i used Helix. I think if i was still using the Motorola Droid i would be trying out LauncherPro.

I dont use any launcher on my Incredible because i like Sense UI.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
I like to run alot of widgets

I find sence UI to be very unstable when using all the widgets I use. I tried using launcher pro on there its but does crash once in a while, I use sweeter home mostly but that too is tad unstable on the incredible. I hope when they finally root the incredible I can remove the sence UI since I cant use its few cool widgets outside the sence I'd just assume take it off the phone to see it run faster and more stable like my friends unrooted N1.

Not saying I like the N1 better or anything but its got pretty much the same hardware computing wise so I think that would make the incredible much more stable. I been trying to get my friend to root his N1 but he's afraid to brick it :(
I keep telling him i'll do it for him but he thinks I'll brick it since Im yet to do it on incredible, I told him to read up on it he'll see his phone is easy to root.