Best Launcher (in your opinion)

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
I've tried just about all

I too use home switcher, I switch between a home replacement noone mentioned Sweeeter home preview 2 and Launcher pro. Launcher is fast and very stable.
Sweeter home is by far the most customizable home replacement out there. You can do so much from just using any pic you want at any size you want to be an icon. Add all sorts of spring boards for apps, pic's, widgets and more. Yes its not as stable as launcher pro yet.

Launcher pro is beta
Sweeter Home preview 2 is pre beta so its only going to get better from here.

jackals

Reaction score
From the Market or launcherpro.com website.

I downloaded it and its called launcherpro.apk.. now how do I get it on my phone? I mounted the phone so it can accept files.. I put it in a folder.. but can't find it.. how does this work?

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
apkinstaller

you need a file browser, or apkinstaller from the market then you will navigate to where you put it on your sdcard then launch it by clicking on it and it will install like a downloaded ep from the market

jackals

Reaction score
you need a file browser, or apkinstaller from the market then you will navigate to where you put it on your sdcard then launch it by clicking on it and it will install like a downloaded ep from the market
Just installed apkinstaller, and was able to install the launcher pro.

Now what do I do?

It was installed successfully, but where does it go? Its not under downloaded apps..

PS. any help would be great. I just got my phone yesterday. Any other things you can suggest to download that I would like to make the phone better?

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

Now what do I do?

It was installed successfully, but where does it go? Its not under downloaded apps..

PS. any help would be great. I just got my phone yesterday. Any other things you can suggest to download that I would like to make the phone better?

An app to get from the Market is Home Switcher. Just put that icon on your Home screens. When you press it, you should get a list of Homes. You can select which to make the default (ie pressing the Home button takes you there), or "Launch" to bring up another home without making it the default (pressing the home button will take you to the default instead).

jackals

Reaction score

Now what do I do?

An app to get from the Market is Home Switcher. Just put that icon on your Home screens. When you press it, you should get a list of Homes. You can select which to make the default (ie pressing the Home button takes you there), or "Launch" to bring up another home without making it the default (pressing the home button will take you to the default instead).

got it set! also installed beautiful widgets as I see many people use that. I like the clock/weather alarm clock feature.

I also like when i pinch i can go to different screens.

I want a calendar on one screen, open and on the whole screen - where can I get that for free?

fredm74

Reaction score
I installed LauncherPro, liked it and chose it as my default homescreen. After trying to install Froyo, the Launcherpro force closes my Droid and I can't access to my phone. It doesn't allow me to even access Settings and Menu option. What should I do besides Factory Reset. I really don't want to start from scratch. :(

Edit: NEVER MIND! It works now. Not sure what happened a moment ago. :)

Last edited:

jackals

Reaction score
I installed LauncherPro, liked it and chose it as my default homescreen. After trying to install Froyo, the Launcherpro force closes my Droid and I can't access to my phone. It doesn't allow me to even access Settings and Menu option. What should I do besides Factory Reset. I really don't want to start from scratch. :(

What in the world is Froyo... I see people talking about it.. I downloaded and installed launcher pro.. and I am using the froyo wide for the DOCK background...
but what is it?

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

What in the world is Froyo... I see people talking about it.. I downloaded and installed launcher pro.. and I am using the froyo wide for the DOCK background...
but what is it?

Froyo is Android 2.2. Hasn't been officially released yet but it is available here.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

If it happens again, you might be able to boot in Safe mode and then deselect the default.