Best GPS tracker if lost/stolen?

lyme

Reaction score
I'm trying to register my Droid number with mobile defense account, but I am having a problem. I cannot do anything with the text message that mobile defense sends my phone.

When I open up my message ap and there is no message. However, I do get an alert. When I click on the alert it brings me to a blank message as if I was going to compose a new message.

I've tried resending the activation text multiple times.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to register my Droid number with mobile defense account, but I am having a problem. I cannot do anything with the text message that mobile defense sends my phone.

When I open up my message ap and there is no message. However, I do get an alert. When I click on the alert it brings me to a blank message as if I was going to compose a new message.

I've tried resending the activation text multiple times.

To activate it, you have to click on a link that is emailed to you. You don't need to reply to the black text messages.

lyme

Reaction score
Okay, I'v clicked on the link in the email, but then the email said this.
Once your email has been verified our servers will try to activate your phone by sending a special text message.

This is where I am encountering my problem.

lyme

Reaction score
Okay, here is what I did.

After the message was sent, I reopend the app and it said that I needed to restart my phone. That was it. I guess the whole text message part got me sidetracked.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Restart the phone and you should be good to do. It runs in the background, so you won't be able to tell if it was activated without logging into their website from a computer and trying to connect to the phone.

Gunghoray

Reaction score
I understand about not needing the anti-virus. Apparently this one only scans as you download apps. I haven't noticed scans of emails or other downloads.

I've had not a single FC or glitch from any of the three parts of Lookout (AV, Backup, and Missing Device). Just MHO. I like to see posts about apps that are well-behaved and work as advertised.

Prof Ray

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty amazing. I've never seen any gps tracker actually get my address right. Mobile Defense hit my location perfectly. Thanks for the recommendations.

khelek

Reaction score
I've been using LOOKOUT for a month flawlessly. It has anti-virus, backup, and lost device. It is also spot-on with the GPS tracking and can initiate a really obnoxious siren via PC to lost Droid. If you can't find it, it'll remote WIPE your Droid.

Free app. I got it from the Marketplace, but their website is http://www.mylookout.com

My vote is for LookOut as well. One of the first apps I put on (back when it was Flexilis) and I've been incredibly happy with it. And as far as not needing anti-virus, no, probably not, but if you want to use apps outside of the market place, it's probably not a bad idea. Also, as far as I can tell, it doesn't cause problems on the phone from a performance standpoint.