Best buy giving 301$ gift card for bionic.

OP
Shibbdroid

Shibbdroid

Reaction score
Well my beat buy said they would take my bionic in store for up 301$ gift card depending the condition. They also told me they would match the 649 price. She knew exactly what I was talking about and gave me her name to find her when I get there. This is awesome

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
Very cool I might try to go down to my BB sometime this week and see if they give me any grief. Let us know what they notice or.....not notice about the phone that can affect trade-in.

OP
Shibbdroid

Shibbdroid

Reaction score
Will do. Its gonna be another couple hours have some family things I gotta do first but as soon as I have it I will post lol

OP
Shibbdroid

Shibbdroid

Reaction score
Im almost positive I will get the full 301. I've had my phone in the incipio case since day one and a screen protector as well. There's not a single buff on the whole phone itself so im not sure if ill get much feedback about what they look for but ill ask her anyway she was very polite.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
just got off the phone with BB consumer relations (not customer service) and was told that the SKU is not in the in-store system thus the trade-in cannot be processed in store.

I asked when will the system be updated to reflect what is shown online? nobody knows. *sighs*

I got a $25 gift card out of the ordeal at least.. better than nothing I suppose.

OP
Shibbdroid

Shibbdroid

Reaction score
Think I should fxz back to stock first before I took it? I don want to be turned down because im rooted running a custom rom

OP
Shibbdroid

Shibbdroid

Reaction score
Hmm well why would mine say I could do it?

OP
Shibbdroid

Shibbdroid

Reaction score
Ok called my bb again and asked about why some stores don't have it in the in store. She said the systems are being updated right now and not every store will have it in there system but they should soon

Reaction score
Yeah I plan on restoring my stock-rooted 5.7.893, the only issue is its rooted but I am going to do a factory restore so they would really have to dig to tell about the rooting. Or there is also a stock-rooted 5.5.893 CWM, and the only difference between that and 5.7.893 is the radio, hmm.

OP
Shibbdroid

Shibbdroid

Reaction score
I never flashed an OTA so if I restore using released root I should be back to 100% stock then unroot right?

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
the girl I was working with didnt even look at the system info. she just checked the body to make sure it looked good (pristine), the screen for scratches (none) and then went straight for the ESN... well, she was going to do an ESN check but couldnt get to that point because she could not find the Bionic in the system... you know the rest of the story. LOL

Reaction score
I bet its like a laptop. Doesn't matter if you are running Linux, Windows, or whatever else, they are just going to wipe it anyway. At least I hope.

bitter

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Best Buy. All was good until I mentioned that I wasn't technically eligible for upgrade until April. And then I was told that Verizon is the only that can do early upgrades.