Best buy giving 301$ gift card for bionic.

FourFive

Reaction score
The trade in and buy backs are 2 different things, just want to note the phone needs to be in real good condition for that full value.

FourFive

Reaction score
Pending on how much you want to go through, if you explain the situation to best buy mobile people I'm sure they would issue you a loaner phone. Usually you just pay a $50 deposit and as long as you bring it back you get your money back, kind of a pain in the ass though.

bwillie

Reaction score
I've been on and off the phone with people from Best Buy and people from the 1-888 numbers. Right now they can't take any phone, ( not just the bionic's ) the system is down. They also said that it could be up in a few hours or days. They also said that it is a in store gift card that could be used for anything ( phone, t.v., car audio.... ) and they would match the price at Verzion store for the nexus. SO... the best it could go is $300.00 store gift card and the phone at $ 650.00 = $ 350.00 for the nexus!! I'm hoping the price doesn't drop on the Bionic when the site gets back up, but this is the cheapest way to get a new phone off without a upgrade by far!!

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I don't trust best buy. I've never had a good experience with them on any level. I imagine the chances of getting the full 300.00 are quiet low, as well as hit or miss depending on which store you visit. They are pretty experienced in making sure THEY get the benefit of each transaction and not the consumer.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
Well I am going to try tomorrow at lunch to see. I might just end up mailing it in and see what happens. Interesting thing though, I did a restore to mu 5.7.893 stock-rooted and then did a factory restore with wiping the internal and external. I had already moved on from The Bionic so the Sim is not installed, it wouldn't even get past the "Touch the Android" screen without the Sim. So no way to actually check the version that way.

Funny thing though, the OP said something about their OG Droid taking a bath and getting the Bionic. I got my OG Droid because my iPhone (ATT) took a bath (washing machine). My first Android phone and I haven't looked back.

BOA

Reaction score
Ok I have done my homework and this is what i know. first the deal right now is online only. Second i was also told the phone for BB is $699.

I am not even sure i want this phone thatbadly now after playing with it tonight. I didnt find it to be faster than my bionic. In fact it felt that the bionic was faster. ICS is cool however and the screeen is huge. Not sold yet but will see what happens.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Well I am going to try tomorrow at lunch to see. I might just end up mailing it in and see what happens. Interesting thing though, I did a restore to mu 5.7.893 stock-rooted and then did a factory restore with wiping the internal and external. I had already moved on from The Bionic so the Sim is not installed, it wouldn't even get past the "Touch the Android" screen without the Sim. So no way to actually check the version that way.

Funny thing though, the OP said something about their OG Droid taking a bath and getting the Bionic. I got my OG Droid because my iPhone (ATT) took a bath (washing machine). My first Android phone and I haven't looked back.

Please post your results, good or bad as soon as you can.

OP
Shibbdroid

Shibbdroid

Reaction score
OK guys its official Bb did it with no problems. I was so excited that I forgot my bag with the charger and receipt in the store and didn't realize until I got home. They are closed now but I am picking it up tomorrow and I'll take a pic of my receipt and trade in receipt
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Reaction score
Hmm so I am going to try at lunch, got a print out of the online quote, I hope they can do it in store. I would do it online but with the holidays I would rather ship it next week or something just o make sure it doesn't get lost in the shipping shuffle.

MrCapcom

Reaction score
One best buy said they wouldn't take it cause all I had was the extended battery ill try another one tomorrow

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I wonder if going to a BB Mobile would be better. I have the Bionic and the printout from online.