Getting the Bionic Thursday Morning - Need some advice on MyBackUp Pro and the SD

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just came from my local Verizon Corporate store and made an appointment to get the Bionic Tomorrow at 9am when they open. They confirmed they had all the accessories and showed them to me. Would not admit they had any Bionics in stock but said I would have one in the morning.

I bought MyBackUpPro and have backed everything up to my SD card.

Here is my main question. If I put the whole SD card on my computer is there a way to use MyBackUpPro to restore it to the Bionic so I can use the new SD card?

Here is the secondary question - if I just swap the SD cards between the new and old Droid does it matter? Do SD cards have a life I need to be concerned about?

Thanks,

Renae

Reaction score
I'm kinda curious about this as well. I am mainly concerned with my contacts. How well does mybackuppro work when restoring contacts to a new phone?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Contacts are in your gmail account.
just log into the same gmail account you have on your current phone and they will sync along with your calender and paid apps.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unless you have been basing your contacts out of an exchange account, in which case it's the same, but you need to set up your exchange account before they sync, of course.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
What I am doing is backing up my entire SD card to my computer - then when I get the Bionic I'll move the Re-Ware directory over (which has the backup) and use the new SD card.