Best Apps for the D4

fingaz

Reaction score
What Apps do you guys have and which ones are the best?

My top apps:

GoWidget Themes - Great app for awesome customization of your device. Change everything from the font to the size of icons. Get this app and its widgets.
AudioManager - Have an on screen view of your sound settings. See the volume of the alarm, media, alerts, ringer, system and voice. Can change from there
Beautiful Widgets - Have a clock and weather right on your home screen.
NoLock - Overrides the lock screen. Turn your screen off and on without having to Slide to Unlock
Battery Left Widget - Show how much battery %, time left, time dead, how long til device is charged...

Other Apps:
Shazam (still version 1.3)
Google Music
Astro

More to come!!! This is just a partial list.. but what cool apps am I missing????

Last edited:

diablo85

Reaction score
i use mini info widget. a combination power control widget + sound toggle. also gives info regarding battery life, free memory, free space on both the internal app memory and "internal" sd card.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I found Astro didn't work for me as well as My Files for my D4. Astro didn't show what was on my card like it use to. Then I found the My Files app and it showed what was on there. I was trying to find my old apps I had saved.

I have a lot.

Kindle. Yes I can read with this app on my D4. No problems. Even pictures look fine on my Kindle books with pics.
Plume. My twitter app.
TV guide.
Silent Time. Silence my phone at night, except for important people.
Gentle Alarm. Sounds progressively goes up to wake me up. Like that better then a loud sound all of a sudden.
GAMES
Can KnockDown. This game plays much faster on my D4. It use to lag on my D1. I got more then double my score for the target practice on my D4.
Angry Birds Rio. On my D1 it was starting to lag and freeze. Hasn't at all. I did have to start over, but I'm fine with that. I have just the Angry Birds, but I like Rio better (no ads, I got it free when Amazon opened their Android App Store).
WordFued. This also loads faster. It's a Scrabble like game. I bought the free version because I play it so much (btw my user name is deb123 and I'm about an intermediate player).
Roller. A skeeball type game, words good on here.

Facebook.
Jeanine. This is the free version of Voice Actions.

I just use the stock camera. I noticed this one has a self timer. I use to have a self timer app and maybe this one for the D4 has it or it was in an update I didn't notice.

That's all I have on there for now.

OP
F

fingaz

Reaction score
Deb: Just an fyi... our phones have what they call Smart Actions, meaning you can set up spection funtions to happen at certain times. Like at night, you can have everything silent except alarms and VIP callers, like my girlfriend or parents. Also, there is already a feature to have alarms start softly and then gradually get louder.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I didn't know smart actions did that. Good to know.

Eta: I posted on the Smart Actions thread that you need to silence EVERY individual app so I'm going back to Silent Time for my night time sleep mode on my phone.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=198267

Last edited:

sglfx

Reaction score
The gradually get louder is also a check box right in the Alarm app.
I tried slacker once wasn't bad but coming from D1 to D4 iHeart Radio has one of my local stations on it and came in right away! really fast.
Color notes still works very well (leave it on phone to use the notes on the homescreen)
I didn't like Opera mini on D1 but I may use it all the time now.

kbeefy

Reaction score
Dolphin HD
Touch Calendar Pro
Go Launcher and Switch
Craigsnotification
Titanium Backup
Rom Toolbox
Flashlight app from Intellectual flame co... haven't found one as good as last phone, but this one is pretty good.

LadyHottShott

Reaction score
Best thing I have dl so far is the Power Puddle live wallpaper, haha.

It's a little green android that starts to melt into a puddle as your battery dies.

I know, it's lame, but I am loving it lol

RideZeLitenin

Reaction score
Yes, Rom Toolbox is a must for rooted users, you can change everything from the system font to the battery icon and whatnot. A golden app

ausbill32

Reaction score
I just switched from iPhone 4 to Droid 4....I really like it so far and I truely missed a key board which is why I switched. I type so many emails for work and trying to do so on that iphone was torture because the readable screen size became too small once the keyboard popped up. Now with my droid I can utilize the full screen to type. I've enabled the following on my phone:

-App -Go Launcher EX - I like the downloaded Blue Planet theme, and Sphere Effects (rotating globe effect)
-Widget - Toggle - Power Control - from one widget bar I can quickly disable/enable wireless, bluetooth, gps, refresh, and phone brightness settings
-Widget - No lock - I don't have to unlock my phone now. I just hit the power on/off button and I'm right at my home screen
-App - Task Manager - This is what saves my batter life. I "auto-end" many applications. This close the app and free's up the memory instantly every time you close an app. Saves a ton on battery use.
-Widget - Color Notes - notepad
-Widget - Battery Left - shows battery percentage
-App - Shazam
-App - The Weather Channel
-App - Speed Test - shows my 4G connection up/down load speeds
-App - Quick Office - word/excel...etc features

What I need is an Widget to turn the keyboard light on/off

Last edited:

sglfx

Reaction score
So I was playing with the Guitar SOLO Lite and an add popped up saying get full version for a limited time. A place called Getjar a new android market type site. I imagine eventually they will make you pay a monthly fee to download the free apps, but right now it's all free!!! I checked out the name on the web and they look legit. I got Smart Office $9.00 free and some card games for free. You might want to browse the website first it's hard to read on the phone.

Speaking of WEB my earlier post of Opera...uninstalled Im using Dolphin HD now as well.
forgot to mention Sketch Book Mobil liked the express so much It was the first app I actually paid for :blink:

r314bd

Reaction score
-App -Go Launcher EX
-App - Task Manager - This is what saves my batter life. I "auto-end" many applications. This close the app and free's up the memory instantly every time you close an app. Saves a ton on battery use.
FYI Go Launcher has a built in task killer in the app drawer too under the "Running" tab

salpeter

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation as to which launcher might be the best for Droid 4. I had Launcher Pro on my D1 but I am not sure how often it is being updated. I can't stand the metallic blue color of the widgets that come with the phone. Thanks!

r314bd

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation as to which launcher might be the best for Droid 4. I had Launcher Pro on my D1 but I am not sure how often it is being updated. I can't stand the metallic blue color of the widgets that come with the phone. Thanks!
I use Go Launcher EX and I was in the same boat as you (used LauncherPro on my D1 but wanted to switch since it no longer receives updates.) I actually like it better than LauncherPro.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
I use Go Launcher EX and I was in the same boat as you (used LauncherPro on my D1 but wanted to switch since it no longer receives updates.) I actually like it better than LauncherPro.

Agreed...I went back and forth between LauncherPro and ADW Launcher on my D1, but since installing Go on the D4 I've never looked back.