Best Apps for the D4

ramar

Reaction score
I use Go Launcher EX and I was in the same boat as you (used LauncherPro on my D1 but wanted to switch since it no longer receives updates.) I actually like it better than LauncherPro.

That's exactly my scenario and I like Go Launcher so much that I put it on my wife's Ally.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

Noodle360

Reaction score
I have yet to try any new launchers, thats the next thing Ill be working on, but heres my list so far:

Bump
Car Dashboard Pro
Dolphin Browser HD
Extended controls for toggles for GPS, Wifi, Bluetooth, Airplain mode, Wifi tether beta, and battery meter
Facebook
Flashlight Widget
Lightflow (for LED notification control)
Myfitnesspal
Newegg
Pandora
Soundhound
Speed Test
Tasker
Google Voice
WAPL (local radio app)
Wifi Teather
Winamp
Utorrent Remote

nitrate28

Reaction score
Getting my new D4 tomorrow and am wondering what you all use for video chat. I saw Talk! and Tango listed in the app thread and will try both when I get the phone set up. Any other suggestions?

ramar

Reaction score
Tango works well on my D4!

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

RoninX

Reaction score
Astro
Barcode Scanner
Battery Graph
Beautiful Widgets
Currents
Dead Space
Documents To Go
Flixster
No Root Screenshot
OI Notepad
Tapatalk
PdaNet
Quadrant Standard
Space Invaders Infinity Gene
Speed Test
TiVo
Touchdown
TripIt
WiFi Analyzer

dopeismarcus

Reaction score
I have yet to try any new launchers, thats the next thing Ill be working on, but heres my list so far:

Bump
Car Dashboard Pro
Dolphin Browser HD
Extended controls for toggles for GPS, Wifi, Bluetooth, Airplain mode, Wifi tether beta, and battery meter
Facebook
Flashlight Widget
Lightflow (for LED notification control)
Myfitnesspal
Newegg
Pandora
Soundhound
Speed Test
Tasker
Google Voice
WAPL (local radio app)
Wifi Teather
Winamp
Utorrent Remote

try zeam launcher. i love it.

Noodle360

Reaction score
try zeam launcher. i love it.

spent the night toying with Zeam and Go, picked go in the end simply because I found a setup I liked the look of better. Thanks for the recommendation, Zeam seems like a pretty solid launcher all things considered.

rwreuter

Reaction score
of course my Droid4 is rooted...but is there real danger to using the Rom Toolbox?

drush242

Reaction score
Short answer: Not really

of course my Droid4 is rooted...but is there real danger to using the Rom Toolbox?

Long answer: Yes, you could do a lot of damage with that app. However, if you don't know what you are doing, and you are hesitant to change something because you're not sure, then simply don't do it. The app itself is perfect--it does what it says it will do, and won't mess up your system unless you tell it to.

Don't tell it to, and you'll be fine.

r314bd

Reaction score
If you use a car dock, DailyRoads Voyager is awesome. It is a "black box" app that can record video in the background along with all sorts of other data (speed, GPS, etc.) in the event of an accident/incident/whatever.

You can customize it however you want (length of video clips, how much video to store, when to automatically save video, etc.) For example I have mine set to record in the background in 720p automatically once docked (and to stop automatically when undocked), with a clip length of 5 minutes, storing the most recent 3GB of video (which at ~1MB/sec ends up being about 50-60 minutes of video) and to automatically save video in the event of a G-force of 3G or higher.

And it's free, amazingly enough. The only bug I've noticed is that you can't watch YouTube videos while DailyRoads is running.

cron666

Reaction score
Flashlight app from Intellectual flame co... haven't found one as good as last phone, but this one is pretty good.

I use Flashlight + LED from Pedro Rainho
it lets me install a service that turns on the LED when i shake the phone at the lockscreen. pretty customizable too! saves alot of time getting to the flashlight app and hitting the button on the screen.

just unlock and shake and the LED lights up. also u can set a timeout for the LED to shut off in case you leave it on or it turns on in your pocket. ( I set the sensitivity too high with another lockscreen shake app and my pocket started getting HOT from the LED)

MrLich

Reaction score
Getting my new D4 tomorrow and am wondering what you all use for video chat. I saw Talk! and Tango listed in the app thread and will try both when I get the phone set up. Any other suggestions?

I've used Google Messenger (Google Plus Hangouts) pretty comfortably.