Battery

yitaf24

Reaction score
Is it okay to have the battery charging every time I sit at my desk? ... or charging every night?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

FoFa

Reaction score
I usually plug mine in at bedtime, and unplug in the AM.
Unless it had heavy usage, then I will charge it during the day also.
If I am listening to something like Pandora at my desk, I'll just plug it in the whole time while listening.

trademark03

Reaction score
Well charging it that often will cut down the life of the battery itself but if you always have it plugged in then you don't have to worry too much about you battery being dead. Unless your on a trip somewhere without a charger.

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
Not true. Lithium-ion batteries do not shorten lifespan when charging too much, ever.

Sent using my Xmas present (Droid X)

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
I remember this debate on here months ago, that was the concussion.

Sent using my Xmas present (Droid X)

AngelGears

Reaction score
I normally let it die completely then charge it to full so the battery does not wear down.

eurosteve

Reaction score
I've read that lithium batteries don't like to be fully discharged and it's better to keep them topped off.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I've read that lithium batteries don't like to be fully discharged and it's better to keep them topped off.

They seem to do best between the 20% and the 80% ranges if i remember correctly.

Also, these dont hold a "memory" the way the NiCd batteries did so they wont ever wear down because of charging too often.

Sent from my Fissioned D2G

dnargsiefil

Reaction score

They seem to do best between the 20% and the 80% ranges if i remember correctly.

Also, these dont hold a "memory" the way the NiCd batteries did so they wont ever wear down because of charging too often.

Yeah, I read the same, you should not let the batterie fully discharge, this is bad for the batterie...

AngelGears

Reaction score

Really? Thats awesome!