Battery use

Erikpdx

Reaction score
So my display seems to use the most of my battery power. What can I do to keep it from consuming so much? Thanks!

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Display takes up the most battery power. What you can do is not check it every couple seconds:) Turning off automatic brightness and manually adjusting it yourself is the second best thing to do.

Exactly what phone model do you have?

doublea500

Reaction score
yea what dezymond said is correct. put a power widget on your homescreen and make sure that display is off all the way, the widget makes it easy to turn up when your outside and you cant see your droid screen AT ALL:D.

OP
E

Erikpdx

Reaction score
Droid Inc. I'm not using automatic brightness.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Droid Inc. I'm not using automatic brightness.

As a fellow Inc owner, I can attest to the horrible battery life.

The best advice is to not look at your phone every 5 minutes. The good thing is we have a notification LED, very helpful, so I only look at it when that is on or if I have something to do. To save even more battery for texting, while I'm at home I use MightyText. The app lets you text from your computer without even turning the phone screen on so that saves a ton of battery as well.

Other than getting an extended battery and not looking at your phone every couple minutes, it's quite a challenge to maximize the battery of our phones. And yes it's normal to see the display usages hovering around 60%, mine is consistently 57% or higher