Battery Use Problem??

Phillies

Reaction score
I deleted the fb app. Maybe it will help. Battery is now 30% after 4 1/2 hours with 2 1/2 hours of screeb time mostly with fb. This is horri le!!

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Did you try turning off 4G and only using 3G? It could be part of the problem.

skipbl92

Reaction score
Power the phone off. Plug on the charger and allow it to remain on charge for at least 5 hours or until it shows 100% on the animated battery display after taping the power button briefly. Then disconnect and use the phone normally until the low battery warning at 15%. Then power off again and repeat the charging with power off.

You will likely find things work much better from then on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I am in the middle of trying your re-calibration instructions. I charged to 100% from 20% and after 18 hours my phone is already at 50% with minimal use.

When I first got my Maxx I would get almost 2 days out of my battery. Then 4 days ago I have been lucky to get 20 hours out of it. The main thing that I noticed was when I looked at Battery Use it showed Smart Actions using a lot of battery. The only two Smart Actions I run are: Low Battery Saver & Sleep. At one time I had Juice Defender w/Ultimate Juice, but I uninstalled.

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
I run my maxx on 4g 24/7!!! As long as I can get a full day (5am-10pm) out of it, I don't give a rats .... about only having 40-30% left!!!! I've been a smartphone owner since the Treo 650 and always knew that a smartphone would need to be charged every night.

I don't understand why so many are trying to get days off a single charge! You gotta go to sleep at some point, so plug the phone up!!! Is it really so hard to do?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk

Phillies

Reaction score
I took off the fb app and my battery seems better. Nothing great by any means but now seems to be on par with any other smart phone. After 5 hours and almost 2 hours of internet my battery is at 64%. Maybe it'll last a full work day now. My battery charges slow due to its large size but seems to drain as fast as other smaller batteries.

smckanna

Reaction score
My Razr is showing Smart Actions to be using 25% of the battery. I have rolled back the updates for Smart Actions as this only started after it was updated. I couldn't even get it to do a Stop Force. I used to make it through an entire day with probably 15% left at 10 PM but it is running down to 15% by 5 or 6 PM with very little use.

So the question is...is there a problem with Smart Actions and battery use?

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I took off the fb app and my battery seems better. Nothing great by any means but now seems to be on par with any other smart phone. After 5 hours and almost 2 hours of internet my battery is at 64%. Maybe it'll last a full work day now. My battery charges slow due to its large size but seems to drain as fast as other smaller batteries.

FB was a drain on my last smartphone. I use friendcaster instead much better I think not near as demanding on resources and battery.

I don't love smart actions. I think tasker works better though its not free. My phone was lagging just a little until I turned off one of my set smart actions and it stopped. Maybe it was not that I don't know but I'm finding myself setting tasker over smart actions.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Trash Can

Reaction score
I haven't had any noticable battery drain solely attributed to FB, but I set my refresh interval to 'never' and manually check it as needed.

OP
A

Ahom314

Reaction score
My battery life is only displays in intervals of 10... is that normal?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
My battery life is only displays in intervals of 10... is that normal?

Yes it is. There are several battery apps that show battery levels in 1% increments if you wish to watch it that carefully. I use bada$$ battery monitor (replace the $$ with ss).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with voice to text translation. Please excuse minor spelling/grammar/punctuation errors.

OP
A

Ahom314

Reaction score
Yes it is. There are several battery apps that show battery levels in 1% increments if you wish to watch it that carefully. I use bada$$ battery monitor (replace the $$ with ss).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with voice to text translation. Please excuse minor spelling/grammar/punctuation errors.

I just downloaded it, seems like a great app. Thanks !!

I charged my phone to 100% around 50 mins ago and it says I'm now at 88%. I set up a custom reference and tomorrow after my battery hits 15% I'll post it here and hopefully you can help me interpret the results =].

OP
A

Ahom314

Reaction score
44% battery life... and screen has been on for 2 hrs 39 minutes. Phone Radio 15 hrs 30 mins. Wifi Active 9 hrs 53 mins. Held Awake 4 hrs 14 minutes.

My app usage is what's killing me though.. it's at 73% of the total power used. all are less than 1-2 % except "Kernel" I have no idea what that is and when I click it, it shows a bunch of random included processes. My "Android OS' is taking up 58% of my battery... even though I've only been sleeping and haven't even used the phone...

This might be what's killing my battery, anyone know what "Kernel" is? Or what is making my "Android OS" take up so much battery?