Battery Use Problem??

Ahom314

Reaction score
I have just got to say, I love this phone... but the battery life? Not as much as I thought.

I've read about almost ALL the battery threads and I just wanted to show my certain situation.

3 AM Charged at 100% and at 10 AM it 's at 80% ( no usage at all, but connected to wifi ) At around 7 pm my phone is at 30%. ( I was using 4G on and off. But only to browse Facebook and play games ( maybe 1-2 hrs total ? ).

I was wondering if this was the average battery life because I actually did call Verizon and they suggested a battery replacement.

I do use smart actions, when I'm in my home I set it to wifi only, no background data sync etc. When I sleep I have it on NO wifi or data etc...

My concern is when I downloaded Advanced Task Killer ( out of desperation ) I saw many apps running that shouldn't be "Alarm & Timer" etc... Which are apps I can't put on the Task Manager. ( I have almost everything on auto end )

My battery use information is weird... the Android OS is taking up more battery than the display ( contrary to everyone else ) Why is that??? but it pretty much states I get around 12 hrs on battery and the display time is around 2 -3 hrs.

I think I've done everything possible to conserve battery life, but I'm not seeing the results. Maybe my expectations are too high?? Is this normal battery life?? What do you guys thinks I should do?

Sorry for the length, I tried to be as descriptive as possible. Any and all responses are appreciated. Thanks !!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Power the phone off. Plug on the charger and allow it to remain on charge for at least 5 hours or until it shows 100% on the animated battery display after taping the power button briefly. Then disconnect and use the phone normally until the low battery warning at 15%. Then power off again and repeat the charging with power off.

You will likely find things work much better from then on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

cece5702

Reaction score
Is that what you call calibrating the battery? Just curious :)
Power the phone off. Plug on the charger and allow it to remain on charge for at least 5 hours or until it shows 100% on the animated battery display after taping the power button briefly. Then disconnect and use the phone normally until the low battery warning at 15%. Then power off again and repeat the charging with power off.

OP
A

Ahom314

Reaction score

Thanks for your reply ! I did it last night and after I used my phone for a bit, and around 5 hrs later when I woke up it's still at 90%. My only question is do I do the power off thing every time I charge it?? Or only this once to "re-calibrate" the battery or whatever you want to call it.

OP
A

Ahom314

Reaction score
I lied. Even though it was fine in the morning as the day progressed in am now at 40% 14 hours on battery and around 2 1/2 hours of display. Does this seem low to anyone?

Also my Android os says 41% of the usage why is that? And it ran for two and a half hours as well

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Chukee

Reaction score
You got something killing your battery or its defective. Try doing a factory reset and formatting the internal memory and go a day with it without installing any apps. If your battery is still draining that fast it probably is a bad battery. If its not then install a few at a time till it starts doing it again to narrow down what app maybe killing the batter.

Just by comparison I'm at 50 percent at about 10hrs.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Thanks for your reply ! I did it last night and after I used my phone for a bit, and around 5 hrs later when I woke up it's still at 90%. My only question is do I do the power off thing every time I charge it?? Or only this once to "re-calibrate" the battery or whatever you want to call it.

This is recommended about once every 2 to 3 months, or every 40 full cycles. A full cycle is the cumulative of 100% of battery capacity charge and respective discharge. For instance, if you charge from 50% to 100%, and then discharge to 50% again, that is considered half of a cycle, so to do that twice would constitute a full cycle. If it were from 30% to 60% and back twice, then 30% to 70% once, that would be one full cycle (30+30+40 = 100).

For most, this will be about once a quarter.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I lied. Even though it was fine in the morning as the day progressed in am now at 40% 14 hours on battery and around 2 1/2 hours of display. Does this seem low to anyone?

Also my Android os says 41% of the usage why is that? And it ran for two and a half hours as well

That works out to nearly 24 hours continuous on one charge, I'm my book that's pretty good. Remember, when the manufacturers quote standby time, it's for a phone that is not used at all during the standby period, one that had a fully charged battery to begin with, and not running any applications other than those pre-installed and activated out of the box. Real world numbers will be considerably lower.

Phillies

Reaction score
For the people complaining abouf a "bad" battery life, I WISH my battery was that good! Aftet replacing my Maxx with a new one my battery is still bad. I am down to 70% battery after 2 hours now. One hour of screen time from mostly facebook and a little internet. A full day of facebook and internet between doing work at my job and i barely get home wth 15 or 20% battery. :(

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
For the people complaining abouf a "bad" battery life, I WISH my battery was that good! Aftet replacing my Maxx with a new one my battery is still bad. I am down to 70% battery after 2 hours now. One hour of screen time from mostly facebook and a little internet. A full day of facebook and internet between doing work at my job and i barely get home wth 15 or 20% battery. :(

Did you do the full charge with phone off right out of the box like FoxKat suggests? What are your settings? Are you using 4G all day are you in a good or bad 4G area? There are a lot of factors that can help/hurt your battery life. Are you using any smart actions?

Phillies

Reaction score
And now I'm at 57% since my last posting which wasnt too long ago :( I'm on 4G most of the time and i use the smart actions but doesnt seem to help. Although the faceboom app seems to run 24/7

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Try uninstalling facebook and using friendcaster for a little bit or set a tasker kill on facebook so it gets turned off after 2 minutes when screen is off. Also try setting it to 3G only for a while to see if it helps slow your battery drain do some trial and error I bet you will find the cause.

Phillies

Reaction score
Great. Now I'm down to 49% with a little more fb use. Wtf? Battery is even worse than normal today :(