battery temp

rocket_girl

Reaction score
What is the normal battery temp...or what range are you all getting? Mine ran 75-ish before update, now usually running around 100 (currently 102).

What are others getting...and what do you do to cool it down?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stop checking it? :icon_wink:

I know my D1 gets up to about 104 during the day, even in my pocket. Have you checked your processes?

The wife hasn't noticed any increase in temps but she only works on feel, not so technical.

hotkoko

Reaction score
How do u check the temp of the battery?

Sent from my DROID PRO

google123

Reaction score
I use SetCPU to check battery temp info.....currently sitting at 84.2 degrees Fahrenheit.

I noticed the other day there is a Cool Down Mode.....it warns me that cool down mode is active and only emergency calls can be made when I activate it.

OP
R

rocket_girl

Reaction score
I use an app called Battery Monitor Jfrom market). And yes, guidot...it does have an option to 'stop monitoring' ;-) Great point...What you don't know can't drive you crazy!!!

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I check every now and then with SetCPU as well. Sitting at 84.2 degrees Fahrenheit right now, which is typical when it's fairly idle. It hasn't been unusual for me to see it around 100 with moderate to heavy use, especially if it's been in my pocket.

Raegan

Reaction score
how do you set CPU to check battery temp?

Also, does anyone have their droid pro shutting off and on by itself frequesntly? mine's been doing it since this morning, arrgh

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Open up SetCPU, tap Info, and the temperature information should be in the section under "Battery."

No random reboots for me. It's a problem that a lot of people had before the last update though. The update seems to have fixed it for some. Others have still had some issues with it.

Raegan

Reaction score
thank you so much but how

do I open up SetCPU? and where can I find the update so it stops rebooting, hopefully! Thanks again! :)

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
do I open up SetCPU? and where can I find the update so it stops rebooting, hopefully! Thanks again! :)

Yeah, just open SetCPU to find it.

The update should have been automatically pushed to your phone. You can check by going to Settings->About Phone->System Updates. You should be able to install the latest update from there. It's strange that you haven't gotten it yet. It's System version 3.8.7.XT610.Verizon.en.US (which you can find under About Phone in Settings as well). If you have that system version, then you have the update.

Just make sure that you unroot and unfreeze any factory-installed programs before installing the update. Installing the update while rooted, or with having any factory programs frozen/removed, will cause any number of problems for your phone. If you did happen to receive the update and it was installed while you were rooted, then that is probably why you're having problems. Many people who installed the update while rooted experienced a wide range of issues.

Raegan

Reaction score
ok! I found where the update is and will install it but

how do I unroot and unfreeze any factory-installed programs before installing the update. and I still don't know where SetCPU is located. sorry for all the questions and thanks so much!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
how do I unroot and unfreeze any factory-installed programs before installing the update. and I still don't know where SetCPU is located. sorry for all the questions and thanks so much!

Did you install SetCPU? It's an app that doesn't come with the phone. If you installed it, it should be in your applications drawer.

As to how you unroot, I believe that typically depends on how you rooted. Most often, the program you used to root can be used to unroot. So, what did you use to root the phone with?

Freezing apps is done through Titanium Backup. Apps don't get frozen on their own, so that would only apply if you froze any apps. I'm going to guess if you don't know how to unfreeze the programs that you didn't freeze any programs on the phone yourself.

Raegan

Reaction score
I didn't download SetCPU

and I can't find it in my applications drawer. where so I go to download that pease? and when I got my phone I never had to root it, I don't think because I don't recall ever seeing that word.