Found Out Why GB's Killing My Battery (with Temp Fix)

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Pro' started by Skates12, Oct 22, 2011.

1. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Yeah I meant Hotmail, sorry. Understand about the Google services. If in fact the corp sync is the culpret, I recommend you post your findings on the Motorola Support Forum for the Pro. As you know, there are others having the same issue. I don't know how often Matt checks that forum (probably not often right now considering the issues they're having with the Bionic), but that information would be very helpful to Motorola in narrowing down the issue and fixing it in the next update.

2. Skates12

Skates12 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Appreciate you trying to help.

I actually posted a mirror of this thread over there the same day I created this one. 50+ people have read it and nobody has responded.

I'll post this additional information there.

3. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Always glad to try and assist another Pro owner. I hear what your saying about nobody responding to your thread. Matt and the "Motorola Experts" are all over on the Bionic support forum. If anyone thinks the Pro has issues after the update they should read the "fire storm" going on in the Motorola support forum for the Bionic. I think it is consuming all Motorola support personnel right now.

4. Skates12

Skates12 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I decided to 'take one for the team' & call Vz. They passed me up to level II, but the tech admitted he really didn't know what to do, so he xferred me to Moto.

The level I tech was (predictably) useless. Her solution was "I'll instruct you how to turn b/g data off" as if that was a solution.

The level II tech put me on hold & consulted with level III. He said they're aware of the issue and acknowledged that com.Motorola.service.main has gone wiggy for some users and constantly churns data.

He said they're working on a fix that will be rushed out with version 4, but that's Ice Cream Sandwich and I understood it wouldn't be pushed to older phones like the Pro. He said he wasn't sure how a fix might be pushed to my device.

All I can say is, I tried. For now, the least painful workaround for me is to disable b/g data. Corp Sync has to remain or I lose my calendar & contacts. Email is handled directly to/from EarthLink servers, so the only downside is it no longer checks automatically. I'll just have to enable b/g data periodically to perform syncs, etc.

5. Astaroth

Astaroth Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wait, so what exactly did they say regarding Ice Cream Sandwich and the Pro?

6. Skates12

Skates12 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    He said that they were having so many problems with GB that, rather than fix GB, they're "rushing to release Ice Cream Sandwich".

Problem is, as I asked the tech, everything I've read says that devices like the Pro won't be receiving ICS, so how will that help us?

He said he didn't know...

7. Astaroth

Astaroth Member

Ratings:
    +0
    great, so the plan is to leave Pro users with a crippled update full of bugs? thanks, Moto. hopefully there will be a cyanogenmod ICS for the Pro.

seriously though, if there isn't another OS update fixing all these bugs within the next month I am going to claim warranty with Moto and ask for a different phone. they broke my phone, they get to fix it.

8. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Hey, if you decide to go to a different phone, or they offer you a different phone, don't go to the Bionic right now. They have a ton of problems with that phone...worst than those on the Pro. Lots of very unhappy campers with the Bionic. Verizon is promising an update early Nov, so maybe they'll make things right for those owners and future owners.

9. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Ya know...we don't know if ICS is any better than Gingerbread. The only phone with ICS right now is the Nexus and it isn't even on the shelves yet. Hell, it may be worst or problem matic as Gingerbread.

10. Skates12

Skates12 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm with JP on this. We don't even know if the info the Moto tech relayed to me is accurate.

Sadly, in my experience, the likelihood of receiving attention is directly proportional to how loud the complaining gets (which is why I called tech support).

I'm going to be patient and gamble that the yelling gets loud enough that they're forced to deal with it - or we get some kind of interim fix next month.

11. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    +1...sorry you guys are have the problems you're having. I'm one of the fortunate ones...the only issue I'm experiencing is the key pad back light not working when it should at times.

12. Astaroth

Astaroth Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I've heard about the Bionic issues. I would have gone with the RAZR, but I doubt they will actually offer me a new phone. They'll probably just offer a replacement Pro and it'll have the same issues. Maybe I should start complaining now.

Search tags for this page

android dialer battery drain

android dialer battery usage

android dialer killing battery on ice cream sandwich
android gb dialer draining battery
dialer battery drain
droid incredible battery dialer
droid pro battery life fix
htc incredible dialer battery drain
motorola droid 4 battery replacement
why is dialer using battery android