Battery sucks

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by pirate72, Mar 7, 2011.

1. pirate72

pirate72 New Member

On my droid x my battery sucks!! I don't have a live wallpaper and I have like 6 apps on my home screen. Also my back light is all the way dim...what else can I do to increase my battery life
    Thanks for any help ...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  2. Brennan_Huber

Brennan_Huber Theme Developer Theme Developer

I had the same problem trying to get 8 hours out was insane. But when I installed overclock it changed it around I went for 3 days (without heavy use) and I went for 1.5 texting about non stop. I 100% full heartedly suggest it.

Sent from my DROIDX
  3. pirate72

pirate72 New Member

Ok thanks hope it works

4. pirate72

pirate72 New Member

You can buy it for 1.50$ is tha the one?

5. Brennan_Huber

Brennan_Huber Theme Developer Theme Developer

Or you can google it, also add mobiles24 because thats the website to get it for free, but consider donating once you've tried it he deserves it for his hard work.

6. turdbogls

turdbogls New Member

are you stock? rooted? custom ROM or stock ROM? wi-fi on as much as possible, GPS off unless you need it on?

i get insane battery life on Apex 1.4.1.
    auto brightness,
    wi-fi on when at home, off every where else
    GPS on only when i am in navigation or maps
    Bluetooth off
    no overclocking
    deleted un-needed apps

i was at 40% the other day after 14 hours with some Gtalk action, about 10 text messages, a few e-mails, random web surfing and about 30 minutes worth of calls. i was trying to kill my battery by the time i went to bed to reset battery stats, but it just wouldn't happen...lol
  7. jonecat

jonecat New Member

How many minutes a day do you talk on your phone, if you are talking on your phone all day it will die in 8 hours no matter what you do.
  8. pirate72

pirate72 New Member

Im never really talk in my phone just text....but my phone isn't rooted its stock...

9. faf1998

faf1998 New Member

One App.

Words. With. Friends.

The ultimate battery sucker...
  10. fishstick600

fishstick600 New Member

Did u fully charge your battery before u started uses Ur x for the first time? Do u regularly let your battery die?(don't do that) how many accounts are pulling background data? My x is stock I have 4email accounts on auto pull. Tons of widgets, I leave wifi on, and I use it a lot during the day. My average battery life is 24 hours. My best is 36. You may have a shot battery.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tablet using Tapatalk
  11. fishstick600

fishstick600 New Member

Lol this is true

12. DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory New Member Developer

I only use one APP... no Task or App killers running.

"Autostarts".... I kill what I want to at boot and that's it.

The APP does much more if you want, but that is all I wanted. It never made sense to me to install and continuously run other apps to kill apps, then run battery manager apps running to save battery. Lol.

Stop the **** from running in the first place and be done.

:)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  13. fishstick600

fishstick600 New Member

I'm gonna say Ur battery is the issue. No way you should be getting poor battery life. What does your battery manager say is using the most battery?

14. rickdarris2004

rickdarris2004 New Member

If you want really good battery life, just root and use APEX 1.4.1. I just went 60hours without a charge.
  15. aikiboy2k

aikiboy2k New Member

I'm stock, brightness turned all the way down, light surfing, email checking, Tweetdeck reading, no music, no videos etc. and I'm lucky to get 8 hours... with the extended battery!

Checking my battery stats - Display, 41%, Cell Standby 17%, Phone idle 10%, Android OS 7%, Android System 6% and a few things under 5%...

Bad battery?
  16. Wadman

Wadman New Member

I can't understand how in the world all of these people are claiming to get 3-4 days of use out of their phone. I am rooted...liberty rom..honeycomb theme. I overclocked using dx overclocker and have it set to battery saver or whatever. I send about 20 texts a day and use about 10 minutes a day for voice. I rarely tether and I don't use the interenet a ton and I am luck to get 10 hours out of mine. I just replaced the battery to see if that was it. Charged it to full before using it...and still have the same issues. I don't have any accounts pulling information except facebook. I have limited apps. Maybe all of you are in a better service area than I am and maybe my phone is working harder to get a signal...I have not clue...It just flabergasts me when ppl get on here an talk about these insane battery stats.......

Edit: Other than the battery, I love my DX. It flies and does everything I need. In all honesty I don't need my battery to last that long. As long as it gets me through my work day, then I'm good. I was just saying I cannot believe that some of you can go 2 full days without charging....not saying you are lying, just saying that is awesome....and it must be nice!!! :)
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  17. aikiboy2k

aikiboy2k New Member

Just replaced my extended battery (down to 19% after 6 hours) with my original battery to get through the rest of the workday.

I don't get it....
  18. en28so

en28so New Member

We all get different results. I have the extended battery from verizon and can squeeze about 8 to 9hrs of life from it, while web surfing, listening to music through my stereo bluetooth, texting and two five minute calls. And that's with auto sync, background data and wifi all off. Gps off, brightness at 15%. My number one battery killer : 3g web surfing. I loose about 10% every 30 minutes.

19. turdbogls

turdbogls New Member

for everyone with extended batteries, make sure you set it up correctly. you have to wipe battery stats i believe so the system reads the correct % left. it may say you have 20% remainin, but you may have more.

I think liberty ROM is you problem. i am also not in a great service area, i dont loose signal ever but it is never really that great. anyway, i ran liberty for a month or so, and after normal usage, maybe 5 texts and about 10 minutes of talking, random e-mails, FB checking, we browsing, photo downloading and taking ect. i would be down to 15% at the end of the day (about 12 hours)

i have since changed to Apex 1.4.1 due to some random reboots and what not. i am getting INSANE battery life. same useage as liberty, and when i dock my phone for the night, i am right around 50% if not more.
    also, i am not overclocked, use auto brightness all day, wifi on when at home, off when at work, GPS off BT off. no task killers ect.

i am sure you love liberty (i liked it too when i ran it) but if battery life is that much of a deal to you, you should give apex a shot....its a blur ROM, but it has the best battery life i have ever seen out of a custom ROM.
  20. Wadman

Wadman New Member

That might be it. I can remember before I rooted not getting much better battery life than I do now. But, if I want to try Apex, how do I get rid of Liberty? Do I download Apex....do a factory reset, and then load it through Clockwork?