Battery sucks

pirate72

Reaction score
On my droid x my battery sucks!! I don't have a live wallpaper and I have like 6 apps on my home screen. Also my back light is all the way dim...what else can I do to increase my battery life
Thanks for any help ...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I had the same problem trying to get 8 hours out was insane. But when I installed overclock it changed it around I went for 3 days (without heavy use) and I went for 1.5 texting about non stop. I 100% full heartedly suggest it.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
P

pirate72

Reaction score
Ok thanks hope it works

OP
P

pirate72

Reaction score
You can buy it for 1.50$ is tha the one?

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Or you can google it, also add mobiles24 because thats the website to get it for free, but consider donating once you've tried it he deserves it for his hard work.

turdbogls

Reaction score
are you stock? rooted? custom ROM or stock ROM? wi-fi on as much as possible, GPS off unless you need it on?

i get insane battery life on Apex 1.4.1.
auto brightness,
wi-fi on when at home, off every where else
GPS on only when i am in navigation or maps
Bluetooth off
no overclocking
deleted un-needed apps

i was at 40% the other day after 14 hours with some Gtalk action, about 10 text messages, a few e-mails, random web surfing and about 30 minutes worth of calls. i was trying to kill my battery by the time i went to bed to reset battery stats, but it just wouldn't happen...lol

jonecat

Reaction score
How many minutes a day do you talk on your phone, if you are talking on your phone all day it will die in 8 hours no matter what you do.

OP
P

pirate72

Reaction score
Im never really talk in my phone just text....but my phone isn't rooted its stock...

faf1998

Reaction score
One App.

Words. With. Friends.

The ultimate battery sucker...

fishstick600

Reaction score
Did u fully charge your battery before u started uses Ur x for the first time? Do u regularly let your battery die?(don't do that) how many accounts are pulling background data? My x is stock I have 4email accounts on auto pull. Tons of widgets, I leave wifi on, and I use it a lot during the day. My average battery life is 24 hours. My best is 36. You may have a shot battery.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tablet using Tapatalk

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
I only use one APP... no Task or App killers running.

"Autostarts".... I kill what I want to at boot and that's it.

The APP does much more if you want, but that is all I wanted. It never made sense to me to install and continuously run other apps to kill apps, then run battery manager apps running to save battery. Lol.

Stop the **** from running in the first place and be done.

:)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

fishstick600

Reaction score
I'm gonna say Ur battery is the issue. No way you should be getting poor battery life. What does your battery manager say is using the most battery?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tablet using Tapatalk

Reaction score
If you want really good battery life, just root and use APEX 1.4.1. I just went 60hours without a charge.

aikiboy2k

Reaction score
I'm stock, brightness turned all the way down, light surfing, email checking, Tweetdeck reading, no music, no videos etc. and I'm lucky to get 8 hours... with the extended battery!

Checking my battery stats - Display, 41%, Cell Standby 17%, Phone idle 10%, Android OS 7%, Android System 6% and a few things under 5%...

Bad battery?