Battery problem

jchammer123

Reaction score
Z4root doesn't work very well on the droid 1 or milestone. Try it for sure because it is so simple. I used SuperOneClick from xda developers and it worked great. Just make sure you have the correct drivers installed on your computer. There's nothing you can do to your phone that someone on this site hasn't done already. So just do some reading and you'll realize that rooting is not hard at all!!!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

aimless

Reaction score
Z4root doesn't work very well on the droid 1 or milestone. Try it for sure because it is so simple. I used SuperOneClick from xda developers and it worked great. Just make sure you have the correct drivers installed on your computer. There's nothing you can do to your phone that someone on this site hasn't done already. So just do some reading and you'll realize that rooting is not hard at all!!!

Absolutely!! Give it a try-you'll be glad you're root. Jchammer is totally right. There's nothing you could do to your phone that hasn't been fixed on here before.

Focused 2.0 DroidX

OP
Constant

Constant

Reaction score
Those things u are all talking about, like Z4root and SuperoneClick, are those apps for the android or pc programs?

jchammer123

Reaction score
Z4root is an app, SuperOneClick is a program you use on your computer but its very simple! I'll get you a link when I get to my computer.

OP
Constant

Constant

Reaction score
I've downloaded the program Superoneclick, and I'm watching the step by step video that comes with it atm.
Will I be able to get for example froyo with that program or must I download that apart?

jchammer123

Reaction score
Yes. You can download a stock froyo rom, or you can install one of the many great custom froyo roms that are out there.

OP
Constant

Constant

Reaction score
They tell me not to mount my sd card, is it ok if I just took it out of my phone just to be sure?

jchammer123

Reaction score
You won't be able to get froyo through SuperOneClick, that just roots your phone. You can use things like Rom Manager or the rom threads on this site that will tell you how to install there rom. Before you install a rom, just make sure you do some reading on rooting first just so you know what to expect. And make a backup before you install anything.

jchammer123

Reaction score
You don't need to take it out! As long as you don't select the option to mount, it won't mount.

OP
Constant

Constant

Reaction score
Problem is they never ask me if i want to mount it or not so I wanto play it safe, and I don't know if they are installed.. where can I check?

OP
Constant

Constant

Reaction score
You mean like don't open in folders for example?

And I can already recharge my phone when plugged in usb port of my pc, does this mean I already have the drivers installed?

Last edited:

jchammer123

Reaction score
All you have to do is just plug it in. Don't select anything the instructions don't tell you to select. Just follow exactly as it says.