Battery problem

jchammer123

Reaction score
I believe the milestone was for every other country other than the US. Why they did that I don't know!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
The motorola support forum link I posted a couple posts back says milestone is a854 and will not get froyo. Droid is a855.

Try mini task manager app in market by mini guy to manually kill necessary apps on your 2.1 device. Don't set it to auto kill. I would also research rooting the milestone.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
Constant

Constant

Reaction score
I just don't understand the concept of " rooting " is it like jailbreaking for the Android? getting free stuff?
I just want to know if it would on any way be possible to improve my battery life with the rooting..

Thanks guys.

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Yes its like jailbreaking but for the android, jailbreaking is illegal so we "root" our phones instead! If you root it, you can manualy install froyo or GB if ud like and improve your device performance and battery life.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
If your battery is that bad on stock i wouldn't expect Rooting and installing a custom Rom to have a significant effect. I would bet on a hardware problem.

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Nope jailbreaking & rooting are both legal.
Just diffrent terms coined for diffrent types of os's

(The name Jailbreaking seems to be given to OS's that aren't open source. Like ps3 & iphone.)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Sorry what I meant is rooting isn't illegal, jailbreaking IS illegal. You do get free benefits to rooting. If ur not rooted u have to pay to wireless tether verizons 30$ a month. If u are rooted then its free!

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Sorry what I meant is rooting isn't illegal, jailbreaking IS illegal. You do get free benefits to rooting. If ur not rooted u have to pay to wireless tether verizons 30$ a month. If u are rooted then its free!

Jailbreaking is legal as well. Was taken to the supreme court if i remember correctly and they voted it as legal because its our hardware after we pay for it. I'll try to find where i saw it at again and post it.

@jeffv2 Kindle hacks are also called jailbreaking.

Edit: not the best article but it works....http://m.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/07/feds-ok-iphone-jailbreaking/

Sent from my Fissioned D2G

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Jailbreaking is legal as well. Was taken to the supreme court if i remember correctly and they voted it as legal because its our hardware after we pay for it. I'll try to find where i saw it at again and post it.

yeah haha the kindle, my kindle is bricked lol... made a serial port adapter for it and everything because i accidentally removed the kernel loll.

anyway devices that get the name "jailbreak" it usually seems harder to gain root access with them (using a exploit to do it).
android is a lot easier, but usually depends on manufacturer's stand point on rooting... like motorola and htc.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

yeah haha the kindle, my kindle is bricked lol... made a serial port adapter for it and everything because i accidentally removed the kernel loll.

How did you manage that? I havent really done anything to my kindle but jailbreak it to put custom screen saver pics on it (only eay to on 3rd gen). I would die if i bricked my kindle though. I use it waaaaaay to much and to have to go back to paper books would just be too hard since ive gotten used to having 400+ books with me at any given time.... along with me reading 3-5 books at the same time (get bored, start a new book, and repeats.... eventually ill go back and read until i get bored then move on like that.

OP
Constant

Constant

Reaction score
Well I'm not with verizon, they don't even sell the milestone in my country, I bought it online without any provider.
And it would be weird if it is a hardware problem, never fell from a damageable hight or any other possible way that the hardware could've been damaged :/
Rooting seems interesting but I'm quiete scared of the thought that when I make one mistake my phone is useless and busted..

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Well I'm not with verizon, they don't even sell the milestone in my country, I bought it online without any provider.
And it would be weird if it is a hardware problem, never fell from a damageable hight or any other possible way that the hardware could've been damaged :/
Rooting seems interesting but I'm quiete scared of the thought that when I make one mistake my phone is useless and busted..

Any height can jar something loose on the inside.

Its pretty much impossible to actually kill most droid phones (im assuming the sbf is available for milestone, its been out longer than d2g and we have it). Also, you can use z4root. Its an app that will root your phone and all you have to do is click permanantly root.