Battery quirks

andoruB

Reaction score
I've tried fixing something in bootloader (with the charging/data cable plugged) once, but I suspect the battery ran out of energy and now I'm stuck with the phone not starting. I've tried removing the battery and putting it back in a few times and additionaly tried starting the phone without the SIM card or the SD card. Whenever I plug the cable in, the white led near the socket lits, and stays like that at least for an hour or so, then it turns off (sometimes it stays lit for more), when I try to unplug the cable, and put it back in, it never lits up again. When I remove the battery, put it back and the plug the cable again it lits again. Also, what I noticed is that the led only lits when I connect it to the PC. If I try to connect it to the outlet adaptor, it never lits. I've tried taking it to a shop nearby, and asked an employee if he could try to put in a new battery or try with a different charger. I'm not sure if he used a wall charger or connected it to the PC since he did it behind the counter, but he tried charging the phone with the old battery and with the new one, but it didn't budge, he said the phone's dead or bricked. So now I ask you, should I persuade into buying a new battery, or could it be salvaged with the fact that it could link to the PC?

Oh, and forgot to mention the battery was from another Milestone's that the guy said he used to showcase. He said he used that phone to show the menu, launch applications, he turned it off and then he couldn't turn it on, so I suspect that battery might have been busted.

Last edited:

googlelover

Reaction score
Not sure if this is true with the milestone, but with the OG droid you can still boot up without the battery in while its charging on the wall, it won't stay booted up as I don't think there is enough power provided, but it should at least start..