Battery Optimization in Marshmallow

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by thunderbolt_nick, Oct 8, 2015.

1. thunderbolt_nick

thunderbolt_nick Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Nov 22, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P
    I'm curious if anyone has found the same things I have and want to get some input. I was digging around the Settings and found this lovely Battery Optimization area (pics below).

Now, by default, everything that is set to be I plan to keep it that way because I don't really see any adverse effects. Now, I have some questions and possible concerns that I'd like to discuss and spitball around.

- Has anybody noticed any adverse effects to keeping Optimization completely on?
    - Do you think apps will need more resources to force the user to turn these off?
    - I'm wondering if this is similar to underclocking a CPU. Where everything is optimized to the screen being off and once turned on it is thrown out the window causing apps to slow down on startup and constant crashes. Although, I haven't noticed it myself just a hypothesis to consider. And if someone is rooted...they could report some stats.
    - How long until app developers start pushing things to be unable to be optimized like Google play Services or if Google has shut that out. I'm being cynical a bit but curious.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Search tags for this page
cm13 optimize battery
android marshmallow battery optimization
battery optimisation cm13

battery optimization in marshmallow

battery optimization marshmallow

battery optmisation on cm13
cm13 battery no optimation
cm13 battery optimization
how to optimize battery on cm 13
marshmallow battery optimization