Battery, like beating a dead horse, more Battery Help

cdm369

Reaction score
Snoking said:
I am running Notification Toggle and it takes you straight to that screen with the 4G toggle. I like it because this is a pull down that you can use without leaving current session. I will post a screen shot. You can set whatever you want as toggles. I have WiFi BT brightness airplane sync 4G currently.

Also the *#*#4636#*#* takes you to that screen. That is how we stop boot loops.

Thanks for the info. I guess that's why I couldn't find that screen. I don't have that app.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND

TWC42

Reaction score
I am running Notification Toggle ...
Neat looking app. I'll have to try it. Been using the widgets that were set up by default for BT, WiFi, Brightness, GPS and Mobile (data).
I was doing fine in my home area in the High Performance power mode and running everything full blast all day long. However, in a weak area, or extended coverage area, the battery will die before the day is out unless I do something to cut back on consumption.
I purchased the extended battery and the silicone case that is designed for the Rezound with the extended battery. It was so fat, I just couldn't stand it. The added weight was annoying when I'd hold the phone (playing a game, for example) for an extended period of time. Who would ever consider buying the Rezound if that extended battery came as standard and made the phone that thick? I put up with the bulk and bulge in my pocket for about three days and gave up on it.
So I'm basically leaving the power mode setting in the High Performance mode so that I get 4G, but using the "Mobile" widget to turn data off most of the time, and turn it back on when I actually want to use something that requires data (mail, weather, maps (with GPS), forums, etc.) My email isn't that important that I see it soon after it arrives. This way, I can easily get by with the standard battery wherever I am.
UPDATE: Tried the Notification Toggle app and it doesn't seem to work nicely with GPS. Uninstalled.

OP
K

Krans

Reaction score
Hey Thanks everyone for the replies, pretty glad that I joined this forum you guys all seem pretty helpful.

cdm that's an interesting method, if I keep having trouble maybe I'll try that number method. I actually have the same 4G toggle widget that someone else posted and I use that pretty much to have 3G most of the day and then 4G only if I need speed when I go out.

On my battery screen usually display eats up a majority of the power but this morning I checked it and it was weird display was only 31%, standby was 23% and phone idle was 21%, but I'm not sure if that's because I just woke up and had the phone charging?

I'll try and monitor everything a little closer these next few days, and go through all of your suggestions. If all else fails do you guys think verizon will give me a new phone? I don't think it can be a bad battery because that would mean all of them are bad, must be the phone.

I'll also try the run down, turn off and full charge method, I haven't done that yet, my phone is pretty much always on when I charge it. Would that be different from charging the battery on an external charger? because that's usually what I do.

Again thanks for the help and suggestions I'll let you guys know if anything works. Last night I actually went from 7 pm - 2 am and my extended battery was still around 45% which is pretty amazing and never happened before so maybe switching launchers did help a little.

Snoking

Reaction score
Charging the battery external to the phone is not training the battery meter in the phone. Stick with one battery trained in the phone for a while and see how it works. Switching battery sizes would confuse the battery meter.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey Thanks everyone for the replies, pretty glad that I joined this forum you guys all seem pretty helpful.

cdm that's an interesting method, if I keep having trouble maybe I'll try that number method. I actually have the same 4G toggle widget that someone else posted and I use that pretty much to have 3G most of the day and then 4G only if I need speed when I go out.

On my battery screen usually display eats up a majority of the power but this morning I checked it and it was weird display was only 31%, standby was 23% and phone idle was 21%, but I'm not sure if that's because I just woke up and had the phone charging?

I'll try and monitor everything a little closer these next few days, and go through all of your suggestions. If all else fails do you guys think verizon will give me a new phone? I don't think it can be a bad battery because that would mean all of them are bad, must be the phone.

I'll also try the run down, turn off and full charge method, I haven't done that yet, my phone is pretty much always on when I charge it. Would that be different from charging the battery on an external charger? because that's usually what I do.

Again thanks for the help and suggestions I'll let you guys know if anything works. Last night I actually went from 7 pm - 2 am and my extended battery was still around 45% which is pretty amazing and never happened before so maybe switching launchers did help a little.

Tap the standby and see how much time it shows without signal. Though they sound normal for a phone not being used very often, if you are anything above 0% without signal your phone is probably trying to get a better signal all day,eating battery.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from this Galaxy with Blue Tapatalk and a ZaggFolio

HowardZ

Reaction score
I suggest the Y5 battery saver app which keeps WiFi turned off except when you are in a location where you connected with WiFi before.

HZutils is an app I wrote to get to the two menus mentioned in posts above. I like it so I don't need to remember the strange numbers for the menus. the app also has advertisements near the bottoms. if you click on an ad, it opens a web browser where you can read more about the product or service. and I get a few cents.

as suggested, look at what is using your battery the most. for me the display uses the most battery power.

good luck,
Howard