Battery, like beating a dead horse, more Battery Help

Krans

Reaction score
Hey All,

Just Registered here and hoping I can get some help. First off I'm sure many of you are tired of reading battery posts but I just can't stand it anymore. I've googled, probably read about 50 different threads on the topic and tried different things but my battery on this phone is unacceptable.

I have three regular batteries and an extended battery, multiple chargers around the house, a car charger, and a portable charger.

On average for the regular battery I feel like I get 3-4 hours out of it. For the extended maybe 5-6. Sometimes those numbers are higher but I feel like that's a fair average. And I'm not even a heavy user! I'll check facebook maybe a few times, I'll text, but that's about it, don't watch movies off my phone, play games occassionally but usually plugged in when I do. I went in to Verizon very early on to see if they'd switch the battery but the guy pretty much said battery is junk and I should play with my settings.

Here's what I've tried:
--Disabled 4G: I live in a 3G area anyway so when I'm at home it's not like it matters, the 4G speed is awesome if I'm out in town and using the phone but then I know every time I look at the phone it's going to be draining by like 1% every minute or so.
--Screen Brightness: I run it at about 25% on average, I have a toggle that will max it to 100 if I need but I'd say I only do that maybe once or twice a week for a period of about a minute.
--Launchers: I was running Go Launcher for a while but it was starting to go slow at times and I felt like that might be the battery hog. I switched to 360 launcher which I really like but I think it might be even more of a battery hog or equal, might try Zeam which is one of the simplest launchers I've found on the market and doesn't have anything fancy.
--Syncing: I've went without syncing and that does seem to help a little but I want my phone to sync with my gmail otherwise it throws me off, one minute I'm used to having emails to my phone, the next minute I'm apologizing to someone for not seeing their email for a few days.

My previous phone was an HTC Incredible and I loved it. I love the Rezound but can't stand this battery already, it's seriously ridiculous unless I can squeeze more life out of it. I literally feel like I'm on my laptop which has to be plugged in most of the time and gets about 90 minutes of usage time off the charger. When my brother rooted my incredible everything ran better including the battery life so I'm thinking that may be the way to go with the Rezound? It kills me to come on here and here people say they get 6-8 hours on the normal battery and all day on the extended I would be in heaven if I could get that right now. Any help? suggestions?

Thanks

cdm369

Reaction score
I live in a no 4g area. Was exactly like you with the battery. When you disabled 4g how did you do it? I finally came up on this and it helped me.

Dial ##778# and hit send

* A pop-up window named EPST will show up giving you 2 choices: View Mode and Edit Mode. Pick: Edit Mode. * Enter the Password: 000000 * Go down to Modem Settings and pick “Rev A“ * You’ll want to choose enable and click OK, hit the menu button and then press “Commit Modifications.” * Restart your phone and you should see 3G is working

To switch back to 3G/4G, follow same instructions but choose eHRPD.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
And if cdm's suggestion doesn't work you might have a bad phone. I was getting more time out of my stock battery than you're getting out of the extended battery. Now that I have an extended battery I charge my phone once a day with fairly heavy use. Looking at your list it seems that you've tried all the big fixes. When you go into your settings what does say under battery use? What is using it up? Usually the screen, by far, is the biggest user of power.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

Snoking

Reaction score
Have you put the extended battery in it and ran it down to 15 percent, powered the phone off and charged until you get the green light. Power it on and repeat. Quit changing batteries between standard and extended, and just train it to the extended battery.

Now if you live in a weak reception area that could be your issue. We have a RV lot with poor reception, and battery drops like a rock when we are there. I am going to ask for one of the in-house repeaters. On edit. The network extender needs a boardband connect which we do not have at the RV. Drats!

nikecar

Reaction score
As the previous poster mentions, check what is running. On my phone, words with friends, etc are massive battery hogs, even if I don't play it. I ended up uninstalling.

And also as said, if you keep it in your pocket and it has trouble latching to a signal, it can drain quickly too.

The times I've gone in q building with no signal, it would eat that battery trying to find a signal.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I've got an 1850 mAh extended battery and use my Rez probably more than you do and still have 30-40% at the end of the day when I plug it back into the charger. You either have a bad battery or a bad phone.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
If you won't be using 3g and/or Wi-Fi for a while turn the data radio off. There are toggle apps that work nicely.
Sometimes widgets are battery hogs.
On top of the check what's using your battery an app called Watch Dog Lite will help you see if there are any battery vampires using CPU (uses battery) in the background. If you're using a task killer on auto, set it to manual.
Look for some screen brightness apps,25% is probably brighter than you need inside and those type of apps let you toggle the brightness faster anyway.
A bright screen and weak reception are going to be your largest users by far if you aren't synching anything.
I unplug mine with extended battery about 7 am and it still has at least 30% or more each night when I plug in around 10 pm after heavy usage all day.
Hope that helps.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Taco

Reaction score
I get about 14-16 hours of use out of my standard battery and I talk txt and use it as my daily calculator. I'm on it constantly.

Sent From A Taco Bell Drive-Thru.

TWC42

Reaction score
I live in a no 4g area. Was exactly like you with the battery. When you disabled 4g how did you do it? I finally came up on this and it helped me.

Dial ##778# and hit send....
What's wrong with Menu..Settings..Wireless & networks...Mobile networks (plural)...network mode...(select) CDMA only...?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with Menu..Settings..Wireless & networks...Mobile networks (plural)...network mode...(select) CDMA only...?

For that matter if you set power settings to economy that also forces cdma only doesn't it? If memory serves that's why I stopped using it and standard power also kept preferring EVDO over LTE unless my reception was stellar.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

cdm369

Reaction score
TWC42 said:

I'm not sure why its different but it made a difference for me. I tried it just going through the settings menu and it didn't have the same effect.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND

Snoking

Reaction score
So the 778 gives you a different menu than this one?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120611_055419.png
    ForumRunner_20120611_055419.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 270

cdm369

Reaction score
Snoking said:
So the 778 gives you a different menu than this one?

The menu looks the same. I don't know if the diference is dialing the number or what.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND

cdm369

Reaction score
I could only get that menu through the 778 number

Sent from my HTC REZOUND

Snoking

Reaction score
I am running Notification Toggle and it takes you straight to that screen with the 4G toggle. I like it because this is a pull down that you can use without leaving current session. I will post a screen shot. You can set whatever you want as toggles. I have WiFi BT brightness airplane sync 4G currently.

Also the *#*#4636#*#* takes you to that screen. That is how we stop boot loops.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120611_065728.png
    ForumRunner_20120611_065728.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 362