Dead phone or dead battery?

destuctor2012

Reaction score
So I'm not quite sure whether it's my phone that's toast or the battery (hopefully the latter), but yesterday it drained all the way before I could get it to a charger and when I got to my car I plugged in the vehicle charger and nothing. When I got home I plugged in the wall charger and same thing. It will show the orange light briefly then it goes away. I've tried pulling the battery multiple times, different outlets, etc. I can send adb commands to it and did adb reboot, adb shell, and adb reboot bootloader and when I do the reboot ones it does the same thing, orange light for a few seconds then goes away. Any ideas/suggestions? And yes, the phone is rooted and I can't unroot it since it won't boot.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you have CWM? A lot of people have issues bringing back their phone from the dead with CWM but it does work. The most common fix is to charge the battery in another phone. The second is to make sure the phone is off by doing a battery pull.. Wait a minute then plug it all back in and immediately try to boot into HBOOT(hold power + vol down). If you make it that far, let it charge a few minutes there and then reboot like normal.

OP
D

destuctor2012

Reaction score
Do you have CWM? A lot of people have issues bringing back their phone from the dead with CWM but it does work. The most common fix is to charge the battery in another phone. The second is to make sure the phone is off by doing a battery pull.. Wait a minute then plug it all back in and immediately try to boot into HBOOT(hold power + vol down). If you make it that far, let it charge a few minutes there and then reboot like normal.

I've tried that and it won't even do that. I can't remember which recovery I have installed. It might be CWM. Unfortunately I don't have another phone to test the battery on. Guess I will need to make a trip to the Verizon store. Thanks for your help.

Side note: Is it possible to change your user name? I just realized I made a typo in mine.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sure a name change is possible. Might take some greasing of palms and/or a convo with a super mod/admin.

OP
D

destuctor2012

Reaction score
Was able to get a hold of Verizon yesterday and they shipped me a replacement which arrived today and it charged up fine and is now working. Glad the battery still works. Thanks for the help.

arbs27

Reaction score
That happened to me as well..

When that happens it's replacement time.

theimr

Reaction score
Thanks - this worked for me

I had let the battery discharge completely overnight accidentally. Normal, unrooted Rezound wouldn't boot and LED didn't come on. But the battery pull/HBOOT did. Now it's into the OS and acting normal. Thanks so much!