Dead after being on charger all night?

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I wake up this morning to a dead Rezound. Every night I put it on the charger and listen to spotify until the it eventually goes in to powers save mode and kindly stops the data connection for me. I have never had an issue doing this. today even while on the charger it will not boot or anything. I pull the battery and wait then connect it to the charger I do get the blinking orange led for a min or two but then nothing.

I'm currently in a battery pull again right now, I'm going to give it a half hour or so and then plug it in for a few hours to see if it helps. I'm 99% sure this is just a battery issue but want to ask everyone out there if they have had a similar problem and new a quick fix. So lets hear it! Thanks for any help in advance.

I'll be heading to verizon for a new battery in a few hours but I'm hoping to get it fixed so I don't have to.

ShortRound45

Reaction score
Make sure the outlet you used was hot. If a GFCI it could have tripped and your outlet wasn't "hot".

OP

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yea its hot. What a bad day, My 3rd party retail store doesn't have batterys so I had to order a replacement. That won't get here till tuesday and I'm not even sure if thats the problem.

Just incase anyone else looks at the issue.....

The orange led light doesn't come on when connected to the charger it comes on anytime I hit the power or volume rocker. Just wondering if that is a tell for a different issue, like system beeps on a pc.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
The light should come on as soon as you plug it in.. I'd give HTC or Verizon a call.

Sent from my Rezound using Droid Forums.

lmandl

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem. My charger had gone bad.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I get go to a real verizon store today, so hopefully we get this all sorted out, I thought of it being the charger until, I plugged it in to my pc via usb and windows beeped like it was about to recognize it and then a second later beeped like I was disconnecting it. So it sounds like the phone wants to work but just has no juice.

Thanks for the responses, while we may not have figured any thing out you guy's helped keep me from being in panic state for the whole weekend. I actually have surprised myself with how well I'm handling it.

OP

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just to end the tread on a positive and to hopefully help others, my battery just died. The store person tried to get me to let him get me a replacement rezound because where my charger connects was broken and there was no way to fix it. He didn't even want to sell me a battery because "they just don't go bad, that doesn't happen" LOL. Once I got the new battery it powered right up and I walked out with out saying a word.

This is a first for me never just had a battery quit on me, I hope its not a problem going forward.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm....about third time I've charged it I get squat - light flashes a few times and then nothing. I've tried multiple outlets. When I bought it, the salesperson was surprised the battery was dead and tried unsuccessfully for several minutes to get it to charge. Then she gave me a different battery and on my way. Phone won't come on even with just the micro-USB and no battery (don't know if it should, my Droid would).

I tried different AC adapters and different micro USB and nothing works (yeah, sure I know, but this was after charging it several hours and nada).

OP

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would/did go make the verizon store try a fresh battery. Your problem sounds the exact same as mine. Plug it in the orange light flashes once or twice and then that's it.

I put the extended battery in and it fired right up. I'm not sure if they made a mistake or not but I got my extended battery for 30 when they said it would be 50.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks. But given the battery it shipped with wouldn't power it on, or charge apparently, I think there's an issue with the phone. Weird how I was able to charge it a few times - I think the key difference is shipped battery was probably completely dead, and I ran this one completely dead to condition it. So it would appear my phone won't charge a dead battery.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Son of a gun I just got the thing to fire up. Only took me like an hour of fiddling and numerous battery pulls. Battery is indeed almost dead.

Should/would the phone charge without a completely dead battery? It must, right? I wonder if something weird is going on where with no juice in the battery, the charger is kicking off after a few seconds. My fiddling probably got it to sip a minute or two of charge, and so enough to power on and "hold" the charging state.

Or, more than likely, I just have a bad charger.