Battery life

Cinoib

Reaction score
What widget is that??

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

I use LTD Switch. Its a gold looking icon with a light switch. It's free at Market Place. You should try it out. It makes turning off and on the 4g radio much quicker then going through the normal procedure.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

mister_d

Reaction score
Have you figured out how to use "Task Manager " yet? You can check off programs that auto start to kill them 5 min or So after your screen goes dark. It's a native feature on Motorola's.

By task manager do you mean "Smart Actions" .. if so, then no, not yet. I don't really know everything that is happening on the phone so it's hard to say what I want the phone to do with them.

NoStopN

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
Twitter
@NoStopN
I use LTD Switch. Its a gold looking icon with a light switch. It's free at Market Place. You should try it out. It makes turning off and on the 4g radio much quicker then going through the normal procedure.

The procedure I told him about turns off all data radios (4G, 3G, & 1x). Plus, the HTC widget can be put on the home screen for faster switches than an app from the Marketplace. Right after the TB came out, I tried LTE on/off. It wasn't as good & caused occasional glitches.

mister_d

Reaction score
The procedure I told him about turns off all data radios (4G, 3G, & 1x). Plus, the HTC widget can be put on the home screen for faster switches than an app from the Marketplace. Right after the TB came out, I tried LTE on/off. It wasn't as good & caused occasional glitches.

I just found an "Airplane Mode" widget ... would that turn off all data radios too?

NoStopN

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
Twitter
@NoStopN
I just found an "Airplane Mode" widget ... would that turn off all data radios too?

It would, but I don't use airplane mode (I don't travel often) so I can't say whether it would turn off the radios for phone calls also. You could put it on your phone & try to call to/from a landline or other cell phone.

I'd say keep checking. The HTC widget is called mobile networks. Moto could call their's mobile data or something close. The icon on my phone looks like a blue globe with 2-3 rings circling it. Your icon may vary.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
It is also recommended to calibrate ALL batteries by a complete discharging, then charging while powered off at least 5 times. Many battery vendors recommend this practice.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

reload1972

Reaction score
Battery. Life is awesome. So far!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

wickedkae

Reaction score
So after a day with it, I am not impressed. 4g just destroys this things battery. If I'm on a wifi connection its not as bad, but wow, turn on 4g, the phone heats up instantly and battery goes bye bye. This phone will be gone the second the gnex is released.

reload1972

Reaction score
I don't have 4g in my area can you turn 4 g off. How do you like the phone vs the thunderbolt I like the razr. way better

NAZQAR

Reaction score
So far my battery life has been unimpressive, I received my RAZR on the 10th and ran it completely down then full charge then completly down and full charge again. I expect it will get better, my X did. However I am running into another issue. When I have my phone tethered to my laptop via USB and I have PDAnet running, I have found that the phone is not charging at all but is in fact using power, the little battery icon shows charging but my battery level slowly drops until I have to untether it and plug it in to the wall to charge it. I thought about tethering via bluetooth instead of usb but wouldn't you know I have one of the few laptops on earth that did not come with bluetooth. I may go buy an adapter but I would rather tether usb as it is faster........ Any thinks on this/

bluezdawg

Reaction score
So I assume then that you are recharging from your USB port. Make sure you are letting your battery discharge all the way a couple of times. Try a wall charger, see if you notice a difference. I've noticed similar things with my Bionic when I am doing things with it and charging from a USB port. I also noticed that the car charger does not charge quite as quickly as my original Droid did. Hang in there, look forward to hearing more back on the RAZR!

So far my battery life has been unimpressive, I received my RAZR on the 10th and ran it completely down then full charge then completly down and full charge again. I expect it will get better, my X did. However I am running into another issue. When I have my phone tethered to my laptop via USB and I have PDAnet running, I have found that the phone is not charging at all but is in fact using power, the little battery icon shows charging but my battery level slowly drops until I have to untether it and plug it in to the wall to charge it. I thought about tethering via bluetooth instead of usb but wouldn't you know I have one of the few laptops on earth that did not come with bluetooth. I may go buy an adapter but I would rather tether usb as it is faster........ Any thinks on this/

reload1972

Reaction score
I just use the wall charger right now I haven't used a u s b charger yet. I discharge the battery like twice. It's working good so far

19jrs70

Reaction score
Are you using a Motorola micro usb charger? I had the same problem with PDAnet also, for me it was any easy fix all I had to do was buy a "Motorola" micro usb and the problem was solved. Goodluck!

Deron

Reaction score
I don't have 4g in my area can you turn 4 g off. How do you like the phone vs the thunderbolt I like the razr. way better

Yes you can. Go to your home screen. Hit the menu button. Go to settings. Go to wiress and networks. Then scroll to the bottom to Mobile Networks and chance to CDMA only. This will turn off 4g and allow you to use 3g instead.