Battery Life?

Moondog

Reaction score
deactivate sync

after going to GB my battery also went down to 6h lifetime, all eaten up in AndroidOS. Turned out the sync feature was responsible for this. After I disabled Autosync in my AndroidAssistant App, battery is great again. dancedroid

billy4

Reaction score
I just got my extended battery for my droid 2 today and doesn't seem to help so much. Does it take a full days use and drain for it to start to work? Everyone says they get like 17 hours or more with music playing and heavy use. Im at 70% and sent a few texts today.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I think you guys are in the wrong forum. Moondog, the D3 has always had GB so I'm not sure how you just got it. An ^ this is the D3 forum not the D2 Global forum.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I just got my extended battery for my droid 2 today and doesn't seem to help so much. Does it take a full days use and drain for it to start to work? Everyone says they get like 17 hours or more with music playing and heavy use. Im at 70% and sent a few texts today.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

You're in the Droid 3 thread. For a new Lithium-Ion battery charge it when you get it. Use it until it shuts off due to low battery and then charge it all the way up. Do this drain/charge cycle once every month or two so the phone can calibrate. Try not to drain too often. Source: Battery University

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Well I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. 60% tonight--with the calendar widget added. Actually Circle widget says 57%, but that doesn't account for the result over the last three days. One more time without the Calendar widget and If I get 50%, then I don't know what to say.

This is early because I just dropped to the 50% threshold (54% via circle widget) So I guess the calendar widget saves you battery time. There is no other explanation I can think of.

I guess that shows the value of testing these things (though I still don't really believe the calendar widget is actually saving energy).

And it seems every time I get past these sorts of things something else pops up. Today someone posted on the moto support forum that the gmail app was chewing through their battery. I want to move through the other tests I wanted to perform before trying to replace the gmail app so gmail waits for next week.

75% tonight. Today I tested one of my own theories. The default battery mode Nighttime saver has always seemed to be a waste to me since I leave my phone plugged in all night. So today I set a custom battery saver. For my off peak settings I used the time that I am usually in a low signal situation; 8:00am to 5pm. The setting for "turn data off" is 15 min and for peak hours--when I'm home, turn data off is set to always on. Data seemed to flow fine at these settings. I looked around for some data to help me explain how these settings work and came up empty.

Well I screwed up and forgot my phone at home this morning so no results.

Dragonman4994

Reaction score
I just emailed motorola this message : "My Droid 3 is accredited with "Standby Time – Up to approx. (hrs.): 300 Hours" my device will not even last 24 hours with wi-fi, bluetooth, and gps off. The main battery killer is"Cell standby". I have looked around on the internet and found this is a problem with many people. Will there be a software update or anything done by motorola to fix this?"
I will let you guys know their response.

Ragnell

Reaction score
Did a Factory Reset last night, Didn't let it sync with google on the first go around, Logged into the Android market place via desktop and told it download my previous apps from my download history, added my emails, synced back my contacts. Tested it out this morning, was fixing my settings on the train(about 1hr ride) and my battery dropped 20%, just messing with settings, I have a feeling this isn't working for me. Gonna kill the battery today and try it again, If not I'm going to take it back and hope for a new phone

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
I just emailed motorola this message : "My Droid 3 is accredited with "Standby Time – Up to approx. (hrs.): 300 Hours" my device will not even last 24 hours with wi-fi, bluetooth, and gps off. The main battery killer is"Cell standby". I have looked around on the internet and found this is a problem with many people. Will there be a software update or anything done by motorola to fix this?"
I will let you guys know their response.

I'll be surprised if it's anything different than "Quoted times may vary with usage." They probably got 300 hours with the phone sitting with the phone off in Airplane Mode (or worse sleep mode).

militant

Reaction score
Did a Factory Reset last night, Didn't let it sync with google on the first go around, Logged into the Android market place via desktop and told it download my previous apps from my download history, added my emails, synced back my contacts. Tested it out this morning, was fixing my settings on the train(about 1hr ride) and my battery dropped 20%, just messing with settings, I have a feeling this isn't working for me. Gonna kill the battery today and try it again, If not I'm going to take it back and hope for a new phone

I'm assuming your hr train ride involves lots of loss of service (subway?). If so, if you're on it for an hour and constantly in and out of service 20% seems like a reasonable drop to me honestly. Anything weird running when you check task manager?

Ragnell

Reaction score

I'm assuming your hr train ride involves lots of loss of service (subway?). If so, if you're on it for an hour and constantly in and out of service 20% seems like a reasonable drop to me honestly. Anything weird running when you check task manager?

Was using airplane mode during that ride

rongotti

Reaction score
Well, I did the complete clean install and everything seems great so far. I'll report back with the battery life time when I start from a full charge. This is such a pain to redownload and set up every app, though...

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

I just returned home and did mine as well, I am a little pissed I didn't write down all my apps tho :(

Ragnell

Reaction score
Well, I did the complete clean install and everything seems great so far. I'll report back with the battery life time when I start from a full charge. This is such a pain to redownload and set up every app, though...

I just returned home and did mine as well, I am a little pissed I didn't write down all my apps tho :(

https://market.android.com/mylibrary

has everything you've downloaded from the market place an can remotely download it for you

rongotti

Reaction score

https://market.android.com/mylibrary

has everything you've downloaded from the market place an can remotely download it for you

Thanks Ragnell, so far it is looking good, I've been off the charger for 45 min and still at 100! :)

rongotti

Reaction score
2 hrs and 33 min and I just dropped to 90% standby is 40% and idol is 38%
This is looking promising though :)