Battery Life?

Reaction score
I've had circle battery and I do drop a full 10% after about 10 min of use. I charge my phone every night turned off and in the morning it reads 100%. I know how it works and after ten min of moderate use its down to 90% . All of my phones have been that way. I don't think that's a bad thing I still get 18 hours + on most days of light to moderate use. Circle battery says 90%

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

rongotti

Reaction score
The most mine will go is 6 to 7 hrs from when I take it off the charger. I feel like a prisoner. I have to sit around with it on the charger, go to work and leave it charged and then come home and put it back. This is rediculous

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

doctorunk22

Reaction score
I was having terrible battery life, my phone wouldn't last the 9 hours that I was at work, very light use. I did a system reset and only installed a few apps that i use quite often and my battery life doubled. The only thing I can think that was dragging by battery down was an app, but nothing odd was showing up in my battery stats. The phone would wake up from time to time while the screen was off. I'm slowly adding the other apps back on my phone to try to figure out witch one was draining my battery.

heath223

Reaction score
I found a fix for the poor battery life I was getting out of mine.

I got a Incredible 2 :icon_ banana:

Reaction score
Im sitting at 9 hours with 70% with light use. So if your phone is only getting 7 or 9 hours and you not really doing anything then I think you might have a power hungy app or a bad battery. Go and get it replaced.

militant

Reaction score
The poor battery life is coming from A: Installing/syncing your apps from your old device, rather than doing a fresh install on everything. B: Leaving your GSM radio on C: Have bad software that is causing CPU usage. I have 130 apps, 4 home screens comprised of widgets using folder organizer, beautiful widgets, facebook widget, etc, and I can get 42-48 hours off one charge with light use... oh btw I have the REGULAR battery.

Lots of people who had terrible battery life did a factory reset and manually installed software instead of syncing with their google account from the start and that made all the difference.

x2tf69.jpg

rongotti

Reaction score
The poor battery life is coming from A: Installing/syncing your apps from your old device, rather than doing a fresh install on everything. B: Leaving your GSM radio on C: Have bad software that is causing CPU usage. I have 130 apps, 4 home screens comprised of widgets using folder organizer, beautiful widgets, facebook widget, etc, and I can get 42-48 hours off one charge with light use... oh btw I have the REGULAR battery.

Lots of people who had terrible battery life did a factory reset and manually installed software instead of syncing with their google account from the start and that made all the difference.

x2tf69.jpg

I will try to do the reset and report back thanks

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

TVo

Reaction score
Trying it now, but I can't help but feel like what a pain in the ass...

Opiemitsu

Reaction score

x2tf69.jpg

I did this as well the second day I had the device and only installed apps I used when I had the need for them. I noticed no change in battery performance with the cell radio taking the majority of the battery usage. The only thing that has made battery life tolerable was the extended battery.

I have only two apps that sync, Gmail with about 5 emails a day and Touch Down set for every two hours. Exactly as it was on my original DROID, and half or more less battery life with the same usage.

From what people describe as thier moderate usage, I qualify for the light category and my phone is at 30-40% after about 16 hours of usage.

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
I use mine pretty regularly all day. But i shut off bluetooth, wifi, and gps while at work...battery lasts from ten am to eleven pm with moderate use.

Sent from my DROID3

TVo

Reaction score
Well, I did the complete clean install and everything seems great so far. I'll report back with the battery life time when I start from a full charge. This is such a pain to redownload and set up every app, though...

Fr33dom

Reaction score
50% again today. This is unexpected so I'm adding the calendar widget to my desktop today to try to see if it added 10%. I know this sounds ridiculous, but thats what it looks like.

One other possibility. The resolution of the settings panel display of battery strength is every 10%. So we don't really know if 60% is 55% or 64% or what. Still I got a reliable 60% for so long I'd have to guess something changed. The only thing I know changed is that I have the new market today.

Well I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. 60% tonight--with the calendar widget added. Actually Circle widget says 57%, but that doesn't account for the result over the last three days. One more time without the Calendar widget and If I get 50%, then I don't know what to say.

This is early because I just dropped to the 50% threshold (54% via circle widget) So I guess the calendar widget saves you battery time. There is no other explanation I can think of.

I guess that shows the value of testing these things (though I still don't really believe the calendar widget is actually saving energy).

And it seems every time I get past these sorts of things something else pops up. Today someone posted on the moto support forum that the gmail app was chewing through their battery. I want to move through the other tests I wanted to perform before trying to replace the gmail app so gmail waits for next week.

75% tonight. Today I tested one of my own theories. The default battery mode Nighttime saver has always seemed to be a waste to me since I leave my phone plugged in all night. So today I set a custom battery saver. For my off peak settings I used the time that I am usually in a low signal situation; 8:00am to 5pm. The setting for "turn data off" is 15 min and for peak hours--when I'm home, turn data off is set to always on. Data seemed to flow fine at these settings. I looked around for some data to help me explain how these settings work and came up empty.

JPT

Reaction score
Took my phone off the charger (100%) this morning at 7am. Right now, 16 hours later, I'm still at 46%. It seems to be getting better each day. :smile:

akhi216

Reaction score
I was having problems with the charger that came with the D3; it charged quickly but ran out of juice as well. I ordered a charger for the D3 from Motorola's website that I received earlier today. The (new) charger didn't seem to be actually charging the battery at first as I was using the phone while as I was charging it, it seemed to only be sustaining the charge or keeping the battery from losing juice without actually giving the battery extra juice. I turned the phone off and charged it for about 25/30 minutes and when I turned the phone back on, I had the same charge that I had when I turned the phone off. I was tempted to believe that I had got a lemon (charger), switch back the charger that came with the phone, and use the warranty to get a replacement after charging the phone while using it for about 5 hours and having the battery statistics stay the same when about 20 minutes after that, I saw a 20% jump in the battery level.

It led me to suspect some things.

My first theory is that the new charger had to be broke in. The next theory is that the charger that comes with the phone has some kind of defect or bad manufacturing, giving weak charges that trick that battery into thinking that it's more full than what it is, and the new charger doesn't have the defect or bad programming that makes it do that.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Well I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. 60% tonight--with the calendar widget added. Actually Circle widget says 57%, but that doesn't account for the result over the last three days. One more time without the Calendar widget and If I get 50%, then I don't know what to say.

This is early because I just dropped to the 50% threshold (54% via circle widget) So I guess the calendar widget saves you battery time. There is no other explanation I can think of.

I guess that shows the value of testing these things (though I still don't really believe the calendar widget is actually saving energy).

And it seems every time I get past these sorts of things something else pops up. Today someone posted on the moto support forum that the gmail app was chewing through their battery. I want to move through the other tests I wanted to perform before trying to replace the gmail app so gmail waits for next week.

75% tonight. Today I tested one of my own theories. The default battery mode Nighttime saver has always seemed to be a waste to me since I leave my phone plugged in all night. So today I set a custom battery saver. For my off peak settings I used the time that I am usually in a low signal situation; 8:00am to 5pm. The setting for "turn data off" is 15 min and for peak hours--when I'm home, turn data off is set to always on. Data seemed to flow fine at these settings. I looked around for some data to help me explain how these settings work and came up empty.

I forgot that I actually also added Smooth Calendar widget as a replacement for the regular calendar and will replace it with the regular calendar for tomorrow.