Battery Life?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by n8sco, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Fr33dom

Fr33dom Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Over the weekend someone on the Moto support forum mentioned that removing the "moto calendar widget" would help lots. Someone else reported that if you don't remove all the widgets from Blur before using another launcher, they will still be running in the background.

I put quotes around moto calendar because I don't think there is any such thing. I believe they are talking about the stock Android calendar widget which I think Blur changes the look of.

Does anyone have any real knowledge if any of these things are true? Specifically the widgets running on a launcher you are no longer using?

So for todays test, I'll remove Go launcher and see if there is any change. I expect to get 60% again.

2. Ragnell

Ragnell Member

Ratings:
    +0

Thats pretty insane if they are running in the background all this time

3. darkmatter

darkmatter Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I do seem to be getting better life these last few days I've gone back to stock launcher.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

4. BJPalmer85

BJPalmer85 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    my battery life was ok the first 2-3 days. not since ive been having problems. i think im going to invest in an extended battery anyway

B

5. howzball

howzball Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine just started having an issue where the Wifi turns off and back on in an endless loop. The phone is also really hot and battery life is terrible because of this.
    So far, rebooting the phone hasn't done anything and I can't seem to manually turn the wifi off. It has a mind of it's own.

I can put the phone into Airplane mode for a minute, then turn that back off and Wifi will behave but, I'm not able to connect to Wifi right now at all.

6. bbrain

bbrain New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My battery life is iffy at best. I can't ever tell how it's going to act.

7. howzball

howzball Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My cell standby is at 42% which seems way too high to me. I've not made one call on my D3 today, not opened a single application and it's been off the charger for 10 hours and it's warning me to plug it in already at 15% charge.

My girlfriends Droid 1 is nearly 2 years old and it's getting exactly twice the life between charges and, she makes several calls a day on hers.

I'm turning this thing to Maximum battery life and if that doesn't help this P.O.S. is going back.

8. spacecasespiff

Ratings:
    +0
    Tell me if this is good battery life.

This is what I did yesterday I opened up my droid forum app about 20 times and replied about 4 times

Checked facebook about 10 times

Checked twitter about 8 times

Watched about 30 min of you tube vids

Checked for app upadates and downloaded one app

Opened up my zedge app and my backgrounds app and spent about 5 min on each one.

And took about 5 pics

At 12+ hours I had 40% battery left. So for me thats a light day of phone use for me. On moderate days I have about 40% left at 10 hours.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

9. dracos

dracos Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Average day I can go 18 hours with moderate use including Google Listen and the occasional text. That still gets me down to 30% which isnt so bad.

My wife though who this is her first smartphone uses hers less often then me and today i had to charge her phone cause it was down to 5% and had been up for 2 days and 7 hours.

10. NoBloatware

NoBloatware Member

Ratings:
    +11
    That seems wrong to me. If you use a replacement launcher, the stock launcher doesn't run anymore. I don't see how it would ever call and keep widgets running, but I could be wrong.

11. hef1969

hef1969 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    JuiceDefender

My buddy told me of app called "JuiceDefender". It's in the Droid Market. It seems to work pretty good. The battery in my phone is HORRIBLE. I was debating whether to return my phone.
    Try it out and see how it works.

12. militant

militant Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is why I posted the pic of my phone at 40% with over 1d off the charger, I had even made a few calls. Something fishy is going on with these batteries.

Search tags for this page
2m and 9s on battery

droid 3 battery life

droid 3 by motorola battery life
droid battery 3sh00134 53m
droid razr drops batter life in incriments of 10
phone idle is at 34%
putting apps on the front page causes more batteery life
s4 display sucking battery
what does 5m 33s on battery mean on android phone