Battery Life

Anathema

Reaction score
Another person to put down as having bad battery life with MIUI. I could get only a few hours of use before the battery dies, went back to UD 2.5 with the same kernel and it lasts almost twice as long.

Thats a shame. I've never had my battery die without at least 24 hours of life, even with moderate/heavy usage, and I've recieved the best battery life with MIUI than any other ROM.

For example, I took my phone off of the charger yesterday morning at 9:00AM and have yet to put it back on any charger and it's still at 40%. I have also had Teamviewer constantly running on my phone, while occassionally texting, calling ect. I've used the DF app and used the internet for well over 2 hours yesterday, still...no dead battery.

It gets old with everybody saying MIUI sucks 'cause of the battery life, my battery life has been nothing be stelar with MIUI.

nick12

Reaction score
Agreed, I only use my phone for about an hour on my commute in to work and an hour back, and I'm lucky if I still have a charge by the time I get home. This is with the cpu set to underclock to 125mhz when in standby, and I've tried 3 different kernels. Wifi also always off. With cyanogen, I'd only charge my phone pretty much every other day.

But like the others, I still like the look of it best, so I put up with it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Shusuke028

Reaction score
Another person to put down as having bad battery life with MIUI. I could get only a few hours of use before the battery dies, went back to UD 2.5 with the same kernel and it lasts almost twice as long.

Thats a shame. I've never had my battery die without at least 24 hours of life, even with moderate/heavy usage, and I've recieved the best battery life with MIUI than any other ROM.

For example, I took my phone off of the charger yesterday morning at 9:00AM and have yet to put it back on any charger and it's still at 40%. I have also had Teamviewer constantly running on my phone, while occassionally texting, calling ect. I've used the DF app and used the internet for well over 2 hours yesterday, still...no dead battery.

It gets old with everybody saying MIUI sucks 'cause of the battery life, my battery life has been nothing be stelar with MIUI.

I agree completely. I was extremely disappointed when I finally realized just how bad MY battery life was with MIUI (tried other kernels. but like I said, this is my experience).

I absolutely love MIUI, but I got bored one day, and flashed UD for a day, and I'm hooked. That's just me. Usually with MIUI, I'm down to 50% with a couple hours with little-moderate use (texts mainly, a little music streaming, etc.)

geoff5093

Reaction score

I agree completely. I was extremely disappointed when I finally realized just how bad MY battery life was with MIUI (tried other kernels. but like I said, this is my experience).

I absolutely love MIUI, but I got bored one day, and flashed UD for a day, and I'm hooked. That's just me. Usually with MIUI, I'm down to 50% with a couple hours with little-moderate use (texts mainly, a little music streaming, etc.)
I'm the same way, I LOVE MIUI, but the battery life just kills it. I'm sure it's just like kernels, some work better on some phones then others, for some strange reason. I've tried several other ROM's, but I keep coming back to UD for the best battery life.

acles003

Reaction score
I had a respectable battery life on 1.1.7.1, about 14 hours. I work in a building with brick walls, so Im constantly having poor service.

With 1.1.22.1, My battery gets like 11 hours, and gets hot much faster, and takes longer to cool down. I was on a ultra low voltage 1Ghz Chevy Kernel, which was getting really hot with the .22 build. I switched to a ultra low 1Ghz P3Droid kernel, same thing, but not as bad. Finally I am on jamezelle-kernel-v0.2-250-1100-compcache, and this seems to be doing the best (especially when leaving SetCPU on Conservative).

Overall, 1.1.7 mostly never got hot as compared to .22, and the battery life was better. Hoping the newest build will resolve these issues.

kamisan

Reaction score
I tried slayer kernels (ran great, bluetooth didnt work) chevy,, ran ok but got hot, P3 LV (worked ok) then regular voltage, I get the best battery life on the regular voltage P3 250-1k kernel. set cpu profiles for heat, and screen off and charging. screen off 250-400, charging 400-1000 main 250-900 overheat 250-400... regular battery last most of a day with normal use. If I do alot of music or radio time I get about 8 hours.. Stock kernel was similar to P3.. never tried the jamezelle kernel.

Battery charing is another issue-
voltage drops when I plug any charger in. Light lites up, voltage dives and battery actually goes dead faster plugged in. Went to a repair shop they claim it is due to rooting. Pretty sure it is not the root that is the issue, maybe the rom, more likely charging port or some software that I have not learned how to replace. (tried different loaders, RXR, nandroid and CW)

ASN-121

Reaction score
This is interesting, because I just switched over to LGB to give it a shot, and I'm getting horrid battery life. Two days in a row with less than 12 hours of light/moderate usage (9 of those hours I'm busy at work). I was getting about a day on MIUI.