Battery Life

daddyshatch

Reaction score
I didn't realize how bad MIUI was until I starting using a new rom.. been running LGB for a couple days and the battery life is about double MIUI. I still prefer MIUI but its kinda crazy how bad the battery sucks with it!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

js0724

Reaction score
OK... Too bad you had a bad experience. My battery easily lasts all day with moderate usage. My phone has been off charger for just over 12 hours and I'm at 60%.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
daddyshatch

daddyshatch

Reaction score
I use my phone quite a bit throughout the day and get about 8-10 hrs with MIUI before I'm down to about 15%. Been off the charger for 11hrs today and am 70%. Not a "bad" experience just notice a huge difference.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
LGB is gingerbread rom. You can't compare it to Mui. Gb are well known to have better battery life.

doublea500

Reaction score
i too have found miui rom to have a worse battery then other roms. i have great battery life with bb. the one thing ive noticed is that on my d1 where i go to battery usage, the display is not taking up the largest portion of the battery. on every rom i have used and the stock, the display usually takes up close to 40+%. now on this rom mediaserver takes up. any1 know what that is?

OP
daddyshatch

daddyshatch

Reaction score
LGB is gingerbread rom. You can't compare it to Mui. Gb are well known to have better battery life.

I get pretty much the same battery life as LGB with PE 4.2 using the same kernal as I do with MIUI.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize how bad MIUI was until I starting using a new rom.. been running LGB for a couple days and the battery life is about double MIUI. I still prefer MIUI but its kinda crazy how bad the battery sucks with it!

my battery is pretty much the same with every ROM the only problem I have with MIUI is the battery reading is way off.... it keeps dropping crazy... once i plug it in for 2 mins it shows the real battery reading... ive cleared battery stats and done all that stuff but nothings fixed it from one miui to the next

geoff5093

Reaction score
Everyone who says other ROM's give better battery life, are you using the same kernel for each ROM?

doublea500

Reaction score
Everyone who says other ROM's give better battery life, are you using the same kernel for each ROM?

with bb i used chevy. with miui, i tryed stock (eh? battery), slayer(forget), chevy(bad battery, did not get along with miui) and now im using p3 rom. p3 is fast and gives me the best battery. but the miui battery isnt as good as the bb battery for me

denial1385

Reaction score

maybe factory reset X2 and also wipe dalvik and battstats? try jrummy's OC app if you HAVE to OC it?? turn wifi permanently off?

OP
daddyshatch

daddyshatch

Reaction score
Always factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik and bat stats. Been doing this for a long time and just accept that MIUI isn't that great on battery. Its much cooler than any other any rom, battery just blows.

Reaction score
I'm floored. I just installed the latest MIUI and have been having quite good battery life; much better than CM6.1 or the latest Bugless Beast. Shockingly good, in fact. Same kernel too; slayher 1.7 800Mhz.

Shusuke028

Reaction score
I absolutely love MIUI's uniqueness in that it's the only ROM (that I've found) that has such an amazing look to it. However, I didn't realize how bad the battery life was (battery calibrated, reset battery stats, etc.) (and this is just my experience, and opinion with the ROM) until I flashed UD 2.5....

On UD 2.5 I easily got Over a day on one charge (About 26 hours) with moderate usage on stock kernel. I was in complete awe when my battery drained soo slowly

doublea500

Reaction score
The oddest thing about this for me is that with miui, my droid just does not get hot. With other roms, if I play a game for like 20 min or so then my battery temp would be like 103 or someting but with this rom, the battry would be at like 80degrees f! I find this odd because usually with hotter temp the batery drains faster. Can you guys check your battery usage and see what's eating yourbattery cuz for me its not display, its android system and media server

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

geoff5093

Reaction score
Another person to put down as having bad battery life with MIUI. I could get only a few hours of use before the battery dies, went back to UD 2.5 with the same kernel and it lasts almost twice as long.