Battery issues/bloatware impact

FLRN20

Reaction score
I would wait

I just want a pone that will get good battery life without needing const attention...so thats why i am contenplating this freeze option.....could anyone explain that process

How long have you had the phone? If you've had it just a few days, I would wait. My battery life improved greatly after a few days.

dr_cheah

Reaction score
I just got my Inc2 today and jumped right in to temproot and use Bloat Freezer. However, when I restart it, the frozen apps are back in the app drawer. Does temproot not keep things frozen after a restart?

jellybean420

Reaction score
I just got my Inc2 today and jumped right in to temproot and use Bloat Freezer. However, when I restart it, the frozen apps are back in the app drawer. Does temproot not keep things frozen after a restart?

What app did you use to freeze it? I used titanium backup and froze them and they aren't in my app drawer after a reboot.

Sent from my ADR6350

dr_cheah

Reaction score

What app did you use to freeze it? I used titanium backup and froze them and they aren't in my app drawer after a reboot.

Sent from my ADR6350

I used Bloat Freezer.

jellybean420

Reaction score

Sent from my ADR6350

I used Bloat Freezer.

Use titanium backup I know it work for sure.

Sent from my ADR6350

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yeah, do a permanent root to freeze the apps.(unless that's not possible on your model) Titanium backup pro is great.

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

bik2101

Reaction score
no permanent root available. however, the temp root should be freezing the apps. i've done it along with several other people and the freezing was maintained regardless of restarting the phone.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good to know. I'm happy to learn something new everyday!

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

dr_cheah

Reaction score
I figured out the issue with Bloat Freezer. In the options, you have to select 'use alternative freezing method', which works for temprooted phones. Gave that a shot and no more bloat

SharkPHD

Reaction score
I get 2-3 days use on 1 battery charge on my DInc2. I didn't root my phone, I simply figured out what was using up the battery and changed a few settings. Here is what I did:
I obviously have a power control widget...all items are off unless needed. I only turn on Bluetooth in the car and GPS when needed. Brightness is at the lowest setting

I turned off all vibration for the phone (for hitting keys and ringing), it only vibrates if I set it to silent/vibrate

I turned off live wallpaper and took off that silly weather thing. My home screen is filled with my most frequently used apps and a battery widget (I like to know exactly where my battery is)

I turned off Background Data Sync

I turned off "Always On" mobile data

I unchecked Auto Sync

Thats it!!!

Of course excessive use of my phone only holds a charge for 1 day or so. But with just normal use I can easily go 2 days. When i check my battery usage, 90% or more is from display.

dedonderosa

Reaction score
ive had my phone for 4 days now and the battery life is terrible i have most things turned off and with mininal texting use thats it. It would only last 5-6 hrs, i noticed i had PVMtpServiceStart eating up all my battery, so i did a factory rest and now its not running so ill see how its goes the next few days if i still keep having problems im gonna go exchange it for an iphone. Dont get me wrong i love this phone love the setup but need a good battery.

evan2001

Reaction score
ive had my phone for 4 days now and the battery life is terrible i have most things turned off and with mininal texting use thats it. It would only last 5-6 hrs, i noticed i had PVMtpServiceStart eating up all my battery, so i did a factory rest and now its not running so ill see how its goes the next few days if i still keep having problems im gonna go exchange it for an iphone. Dont get me wrong i love this phone love the setup but need a good battery.

I had the same issue and now it's MUCH better. I did 2-3 factory resets. If you need to know how...

Go to: Settings, SD & phone storage...

dedonderosa

Reaction score
how do u do it that way? i did it a different way.

u said settings, sd & phone storage.... then what?

evan2001

Reaction score
how do u do it that way? i did it a different way.

u said settings, sd & phone storage.... then what?

Do what I listed above. It will wipe the phone but if you use google your email, calemdar, contact will come back. It will be as if you just took it out of the box when you are done.

Setting then go to SD & Phone storage, then hit factory reset and follow what it says to do.

-E

paxcam

Reaction score
I've had this DI2 for a week, during which I cursed battery life daily and almost took it back to Verizon. As an example-- turn it on 9:00AM, by 2:00PM it was under 20%.

But I read evan2001's suggestion to do a factory reset and it's like a different animal.

I turned it on at 9:00AM today, and at 3:45PM I have 87%.

This is more of what I expected.

Thanks, evan for the fix.