Battery Indicator Pro

cece5702

Reaction score
Wondering why when I use the 1% hack and take my phone off the charger, it immediately jumps to 99% after coming off a full charge? It should read 100%.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

SallyC

Reaction score
I can't tell you why (FoxKat?) but mine does it too and also did it before installing Battery Indicator Pro. I presume it is because, once it's off the charger, it's used power and is not at 100% anymore, although it does happen pretty quickly.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
I can't tell you why (FoxKat?) but mine does it too and also did it before installing Battery Indicator Pro. I presume it is because, once it's off the charger, it's used power and is not at 100% anymore, although it does happen pretty quickly.

Oh okay. As long as I'm not alone, Lol! Thanks Sally :)

DocsDad

Reaction score
I am using the free (non pro) Battery Indicator and it has the 1% hack as well. This jumps to 99% immediately. Like Sally, I assumed that it technically was not 100% if it used any juice at all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
I switched back to10%. I don't know but for some reason I find myself watching my battery more when it's set to 1%. It's crazy I know!! :)

rosariorose9

Reaction score

+1... Doesn't bother me, though.

msengul

Reaction score
How do u get 1% battery indicator?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
How do u get 1% battery indicator?

Down load the Battery Indicator Pro app in the market and select 1% hack in the settings

msengul

Reaction score
Yeah i just figured that out. Haha thats awesome. That helps a lot because i was thinking about getting an iphone 4s because of that.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not really an expert on battery monitors but I do know that they don't actually measure battery capacity. They measure the voltage provided by the battery in relation to a theoretical maximum. Depending on the algorithm used, anything less than a 1 to 1 ratio will yield less than 100%. And as your battery ages, it will fail to reach that absolute maximum even when it reaches its full charge.

This is the reason, by the way, that manufacturers of devices recommend that you fully discharge (or nearly fully discharge) your lithium ion battery about once a month. It doesn't increase battery life; it increases the accuracy of the battery monitor in evaluating the drop in voltage over a complete discharge of the battery.

MrTommy

Reaction score
It doesn't increase battery life; it increases the accuracy of the battery monitor in evaluating the drop in voltage over a complete discharge of the battery.

So, in other words, if you really don't care about pinpoint accuracy of your battery indicator, there's no real reason to completely discharge your battery? :blink:

SallyC

Reaction score
This is the reason, by the way, that manufacturers of devices recommend that you fully discharge (or nearly fully discharge) your lithium ion battery about once a month. It doesn't increase battery life; it increases the accuracy of the battery monitor in evaluating the drop in voltage over a complete discharge of the battery.

I've not read this by Motorola. The recommendation I've seen by them is to not discharge your battery below 25%.
http://www.motorola.com/hc/2769/verizon/rss/tips/en-US/d0e956.2769.en-US.html

As far as training your battery, FoxKat addressed that in another thread.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...o-i-reset-retrain-my-battery.html#post1886263

MrTommy

Reaction score
Ya know, I think this says it all....

So, following the link to FoxCat's explanation (" What I am saying in a nutshell is to simply use and charge as your lifestyle dictates and pay no attention to the ideas tossed around about "training" your battery. If the battery required such training, it would be in the user's guide and it would be explicit."), I think I'll follow his advice - and just USE THE PHONE/COMPUTER as life dictates.

Pretty simple eh? :happy3: