Battery Help...

natedogg11

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Using Metamorph, I put in a new battery meter that has 20% increments inside it. My only problem is whenever the power is at an odd number, say 70% or 50%, it switches back to the old battery meter. Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on how to fix?

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

FYI-I'm running Apex 1.3.1. Let me know if you need any more information.

Reaction score
i ran into the same problem. basically, the battery only shows 20% increments, while the system is putting it out in 10% increments. i got around it by replacing the odd numbered increments with ninja morph

OP
N

natedogg11

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. How would one go about doing that?

Reaction score
here's how i did it, there may or may not be an easier way.

i opened the metamorph zip and extracted the battery increments .png's (stat_sys_battery), which i then copied to a folder on my sd card. then, with ninjamorph, i started a new project and went into system>framework-res.apk>res>drawable-hdpi. scroll down to stat_sys_battery, and you will see all the battery indicator .png's. select one, and ninjamorph will ask which one you want to replace it with. navigate to the folder on your sd card where you have the .png files saved and select the ones to replace. the first time i did it, i just used the next closest one (e.g. i used 80 for 90, 60 for 70, etc). eventually i went a step further and modified them in photoshop so they looked liked 90, 70, 50, and 30%.

you could take it even further (which is what i'm currently doing) and go to the apex themes sticky in this forum, find a theme with a battery meter you like (i am using the revolution meter), and follow the above steps.

i hope this isn't too confusing. let me know if you need additional assistance.

Last edited:
OP
N

natedogg11

Reaction score
I'll give it a try, but I don't think I completely understand. Only one way to find out.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score
just be sure to make a backup first, just in case. once you start using ninja morph, it's pretty simple. like i said, if you run into anything, let me know.

OP
N

natedogg11

Reaction score
I tried but wasn't able to do what you said. The battery meter is still doing the same thing. Any additional help would be great. Thanks.

OP
N

natedogg11

Reaction score
What did you extract with? Metamorph? Astro?

OP
N

natedogg11

Reaction score
Nevermind...figured it out. As far as Photoshopping my own, I don't think I am there yet.

Thank you very much for your help. :greendroid: