Custom battery meter help

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Hey guys. Does anyone know how to make there own battery meters that's willing to share the process? I want a cubs logo and Bears logo battery meter and can't find one and can't get anyone else to make it for me. I have a few other threads like this around in a few forums but I use this on the most. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
I saw that one last night but that really doesn't explain how to use the photoshop process on how 'erase' some of the color for the certain percentages in the framework. This was just to edit the exsisting images. Basically I want to know how to take some of the color out to show 90% of the batt left and so on. Thanks for the reply brewcrew. Any other ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score
i'm just a notch above novice with photoshop, but you could try to select part of it (maybe with the magic wand) and fill the selected area with grey

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
i'm just a notch above novice with photoshop, but you could try to select part of it (maybe with the magic wand) and fill the selected area with grey

You would likely want to 'fill' the selection with transparency.

---------------------
fivefour on xda
@f1vefour on twitter

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I use gimp2 and fill to transparency. You could also use the eye dropper to select the background color and fill it like that in any photo program.
If you could post the pictures you want to use for the battery, I'll give it a shot this afternoon.

Swyped from a Droid

OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
I use gimp2 and fill to transparency. You could also use the eye dropper to select the background color and fill it like that in any photo program.
If you could post the pictures you want to use for the battery, I'll give it a shot this afternoon.

Swyped from a Droid

That would be awesome if you could try it. I'm in the same boat with just being about a novice. Here are the two I am trying to get into a meter. 10% increments is what I need. Obviously on a transparent backgroud would be great. Thanks for trying!

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
10% increments is what I need.

I was gonna ask that.

I'll make a few and post them for you to see before I send them to you later this afternoon. But since I dont have an X, its gonna be up to you to get them installed. MetaMorph may help, but I just flash mine. I havent used meta morph that much.

They will be on a transparent background.

OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
can you do them so that they work with metamorph? I don't know how to make them into a xml file. I have ninjamorph as well. In that app I can change single image files and not just the whole framework.apk file.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
can you do them so that they work with metamorph?

I'll put them in a zip file. Is that what you need for meta morph?
Thats how I made them for others. But like I said, I really dont use meta morph.
But I can send them just about any way you need them.

OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
I can use ninjamorph to install them. It takes a little longer but at this point it doesn't matter...lol. im just excited to finally get these done. Been trying all morning to figure it out with no luck yet.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
Heres a few ideas. The Bears could be done very easy. The Cubs will take a bit longer. Thats if I do them this way. Let me know. These arent the final product, just a rough idea.

Also, what color is you status bar? Because if its black, I'll have to change the Bears a little for it to be visible.

Attachments

• ChicagoBearsLogo3.jpg
    ChicagoBearsLogo3.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 184
  • ChicagoBearsLogo4.jpg
    ChicagoBearsLogo4.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 175
  • chicago-cubs-logo3.jpg
    chicago-cubs-logo3.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 182
  • chicago-cubs-logo4.jpg
    chicago-cubs-logo4.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 217
OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Heres a few ideas. The Bears could be done very easy. The Cubs will take a bit longer. Thats if I do them this way. Let me know. These arent the final product, just a rough idea.

Also, what color is you status bar? Because if its black, I'll have to change the Bears a little for it to be visible.

Yes it is a black bar. I'm on darkslide 4.2. Those look awesome!!