Please help with GB problem

Discussion in 'Droid X Hacks' started by cubsfan187, Apr 8, 2011.

1. cubsfan187

cubsfan187 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so I think something got screwed up while installing GB. Having a few problems with it right now. First thing on the list. I am only getting this ROM to report in 20% increments not 10% like everyone else i have talked to. Second thing on the list is that when I go to change the battery meter and look in Ninjamorph, all the charging animations (batt meter) are still the Darkslide meters. This after 3 SBF's and 5 factory resets before installing the deodexed GB leak. I have no clue what is going on or how to fix it. That is why I am turning to the mass of minds here in the Forum. Any one have ANY ideas what to try next??? I am just killing time on GB until DS 4.3 drops but I still want to enjoy it the way it was meant to be until that time. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

#1 cubsfan187, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  2. cubsfan187

cubsfan187 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Selfish bump for help here.

3. jzmax22

jzmax22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe you are suppose to install the the GB rooted leak and then install the deodexed version over the top, not a fresh install from the deodexed version. i could be wrong, but i had a similar problem and i installed the rooted leak first and then the deodexed on top with no problems! hope this helps

4. cubsfan187

cubsfan187 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did it that way after the sbf and factory resets. I went back to stock .340 (after I rooted that I checked the framework and saw the darkslide batt meters still there then.) then went to the pre rooted GB and from there went to the deodexed GB.

5. jzmax22

jzmax22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well maybe its because you are a cubs fan?

6. cubsfan187

cubsfan187 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Here is a screen shot of the freamework.res file. I have not used DS since GB came out and like I said I have done 3 SBF's and tons of factory resets so these meters shouldn't be there. Also why am I the only one getting the ROM in 20% batt increments?? That one really has me stumped.

7. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Easy on the Cub fan remarks. They all know they are cursed, doesn't mean that affects them in every aspect of life.;)

8. cubsfan187

cubsfan187 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well hook I'm starting to feel a little cursed here.....lol. Just can't figure this out.

9. chkmate

chkmate Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have no clue why your getting 20% vs 10% increments. Actually I'm not on GB anymore. Couldn't stand not getting even 15 hours of battery life on it. GB is horrible.

Only thing I can suggest if you try another fresh install is...I wiped dalvik, battery stats, factory reset and then regular cache before my install. And I actually got into Ninja Morph breifly so I could help someone find a progress bar. My icons weren't messed up like that. So I don't know man :( Kinda stumped.

//Tap'd on my DX & I'm on Twitter@chkm4te20\\

10. cubsfan187

cubsfan187 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My batt life hasn't been too bad. Right around 20 hrs or so. For the stock battery I guess that's ok. All this is makin me want to JUMP back to DS.

I can't understand what could have happened. I did 5 more Factory resets this morning in stock recovery and wiped the cache there too. When it rebooted all my metamorphed meters were still there. I'm not sure if the factory reset just won't take or what.

That's why over in MDW i asked if even BBC could chime in on this. Building ROM's i would think he may have come across something like this before. I'm almost ready to 'accidentaly' b reak my phone and start fresh....haha

#10 cubsfan187, Apr 9, 2011
  11. cubsfan187

cubsfan187 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My other thing is that even when DS 4.? comes out, is that gonna fix what's going on or is the framework screwed for good now?

12. cubsfan187

cubsfan187 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That write up is good but if this GB leak has everyone else on 10% then I should be too. I mean I dl the same files that they did. I must be missing something somewhere. Maybe GB just isn't for me or my x.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

#12 cubsfan187, Apr 9, 2011