Battery draining 25% per hour

OP
JRParsons

JRParsons

Reaction score
I think it was Google +, I'm not really sure because there are a few apps I hadn't used in a while so I didn't reinstall them.

I'm going to do some experimenting with the app and it's settings and see what I find.

Right now I'm down to 3%/hour with light to moderate use. My gear watch is connected and most of my original apps are installed. Google+ is disabled.
I'll report back after I mess around with Google+ in case someone has the same problem and stumbles across this thread.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's why when I get a new device the FIRST app I freeze is G+. I've had enough of updates to it or the os causing it to go rogue until they send a bug fix update.

OP
JRParsons

JRParsons

Reaction score
I added Google + back to my phone but opted out of the automatic photo upload. My battery stayed around 3-4%/hour.

Yesterday I reinstalled the Siriusxm app and used it for about a 1/2 hour. My battery drained 10-12% until late this morning when I uninstalled it. Kernal OS again became my biggest drain (more than screen).

I'm thinking it wasn't Google+ but SiriusXM. So, if you are having the same problem and have Siriusxm installed try uninstalling it and see if the problem persists. With my last phone, a GS3, I noticed an unusually large battery drain from iheart radio. Makes me think it has something to do with the music player in the OS. (Just a guess).

Thanks again to all who took the time to help.