Battery drain

barreloffun

Reaction score
My battery only after 4 hours drops from full to 60%. Is that normal?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Last edited:

droidDOES.duh

Reaction score
I'm at 4 1/2 hours off charger while using it quite a bit and at 70%, I'm trying to figure out the droidX overclock setting but I'm told that it helps alot having that and learning the settings, what are you running?

cccmhhh

Reaction score
For what its worth I started using Juice Defender and it is working for me. Better time on my battery.

OP
B

barreloffun

Reaction score
I was wondering about the overclock setting too. I have the app but every time it manages to overheat, usually above 100°. So I stopped messing with it. Now I clock at max 1000/min 350. Don't have really any heat issues anymore, but batt will drain fast. As for juice defender, I dont see how using another application to manage your battery will keep it running longer, wont the app itself drain the batt?

Last edited:

seanubis

Reaction score
I'm running on the Rubix 2.0.1 ROM with QuickClock calibrated to 300MHz/19v up to 1221MHz/66v.

Was off the charger for 14 hours yesterday, and battery had just dropped to 50% when I put it to bed. That was with moderate use (mostly just Gmail, some web browsing, Google Reader, Tweetdeck background updates, a few market updates, and about 20 minutes of Angry Birds).

mrbworm

Reaction score
I get horrible battery at home. Why?... I am on the verge of Verizon and Extended and it keeps switching, thus burning power trying to reacquire. You probably don't have this problem, but that was the issue I had. I get 8 hours or more of heavy use when in a real Verizon area.

OP
B

barreloffun

Reaction score
Any solutions? I have VZ for coverage too. Also I am not Rommed, just rooted n overclocked.