Battery Cover Change.....

olson0827

Reaction score
I just traded in my first droid due hardware issues and the new droids battery cover has a small pad on the inside. I dont remember seeing this with my launch day droid. am I seeing things or is this new addition? This battery cover seems to fit alot tighter.

viperboy

Reaction score
https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/16997?start=165&tstart=0

Matt (Forums Manager) said:
Hey, everyone. We have seen this thread and did some investigation. A very small percentage of the doors are a the low end of our specifications. If you are having a problem with your door falling off, contact our call center. Use the link on our forum home page that says "Contact Us" and you can either call or chat or e-mail. We'll send you a new one.

Sorry for the problem.

Also...

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/72570#72570

geoffreyf said:
Call up Motorola support 800-734-5870 and just tell them you need a replacement cover. If they give you a hard time, request escalating it. Someone in the support organization does know there is an issue with loose covers.

Unfortunately, some of the replacements are loose too. (Though I hope by now it's getting straightened out). Cut a bit of black plastic electricians tape so that you can lay it width wise across the bit of foam tape on the inside. Cut it so that it does not reach the edges. This will make the cover fit snug.

madrsx

Reaction score
My understanding is that the newer Droids have a pad (or thicker pad) in order to create a tighter fit for the battery cover so that it doesn't come off so easily (loose covers were a problem with some of the early Droids).

bergdev

Reaction score
My original battery cover had a pad and it was very loose. Sometimes, just pulling the phone out of my pocket would result in the cover coming loose. I knew it was just a matter of time before it came off. I called Motorola and they sent me a replacement which fits nice and tight.