X under battery cover

brubakes

Reaction score
If you take off the battery cover on the Driod and look to the left of where the memory card is sitting there is the do not dispose garbage can logo. Next to that is a little hole. Inside that hold I see white with little red "x"s. What is this for?

Trip

Reaction score
That is either some sort of tamper evident seal so they know if you have opened the case too far and voided your warantee, or its a moisture indicator so they know if you dropped your droid in the sink when you bring it in and say "It just stopped working" :icon_ nono: lol...

Either way, don't mess with it :)

OP
brubakes

brubakes

Reaction score
That is either some sort of tamper evident seal so they know if you have opened the case too far and voided your warantee, or its a moisture indicator so they know if you dropped your droid in the sink when you bring it in and say "It just stopped working" :icon_ nono: lol...

Either way, don't mess with it :)

This one is still under warranty so I won't try anything thats not normal. Costs to much to replace.

micp1480

Reaction score
Ok, now on the opposite side parallel to this moisture sensor there appears to be something that looks like an antenna connection. This is where the word Google is spelled out on the outside of the cover area. What is that for?

MICP 1480

Grabraham

Reaction score
Soemwhere on here there was a thread about it. it looks like a coax antennea connector but I am 90% sure Moto uses that to push software to the phone in the factory or something simmilar