How to Remove Battery Cover

tgotch

Reaction score
I just got the Droid. The screen quit working, so I am trying to do a battery pull to see if that resets it.

The problem is, I can't figure out how to get the friggin battery cover off :icon_evil:

I am trying to do what the recommend here:
Battery Inserting / Removing - Motorola Droid (A855)
But it will not come loose/off.

Any suggestions?

holdfast

Reaction score
I just got the Droid. The screen quit working, so I am trying to do a battery pull to see if that resets it.

The problem is, I can't figure out how to get the friggin battery cover off :icon_evil:

I am trying to do what the recommend here:
Battery Inserting / Removing - Motorola Droid (A855)
But it will not come loose/off.

Any suggestions?

Try harder? . . . That link pretty much tells all. Nothing more to it.

Reaction score
Those directions are a little off. Hold the Moto Droid so that it's facing away from you and the camera lens is in the upper left corner. Slide the batter cover down towards the metallic speaker, not up towards the camera lens. No "inward" pressure needed.

Last edited:

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
My first time getting the cover off was extremely difficult too. Guess no worries about it accidentally coming off atleast.

faithgirl77

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I bought the phone last night, and was unable to get the cover off. I tried to do it myself, but couldn't. I went into the Verizon store, and the clerk was able to do it. He said it would get easier with time. I came home and tried to do it, and ended up bending it out at the top. (ARGH!) So I ordered a replacement door. I am hoping the replacement door comes out and in easier. I love the phone, but am very frustrated with the battery door. I bought an extra battery so I could swap batteries when one was dead for battery life, but I can't get the stupid cover off.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My problem is putting the darn cover back on, specially if I'm in a hurry.

The key to getting the cover off is while holding the Droid in you hands with the gold part in the back up, slide it down. It really is very easy, one of the easiest phones I've ran across.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
And to think this...

When the Droid first came out, people were bashing it because the cover seemed to "come off easily all the time when I didn't want it to." :icon_rolleyes: whatever...

When I first got my phone and removed the plastic film, I noticed some of it got stuck underneath the battery cover. If this is your case, just give it some extra juice and it should slide off.

Tyy

Reaction score
howsthisthingwork

The directions are a little off??? They're like telling somebody to turn a bottle cap clockwise to remove it. The directions must be corrected...

tuffD1

Reaction score
I wanna play too :) try this, hold droid, screen down in your left hand. Camera lens should be next to your left thumb, left fingers along the charging port side. Now place your right palm on top of battery cover and slide your right palm down towards the gold speaker/bottom(use your whole hand, fingers too). If you can't slide it with the first swipe, well then...

Last edited:

PhxPhin

Reaction score
ugh - same exact issue ..... looks like i'll be making a field trip to the ever friendly verizon store today...............

case will not budge in the slightest and i'm rocking the unresponsive black screen

*edit*

whoops - search function put me in the droid forum ... i thought I was searching just the bionic section

Last edited: