Battery charging

RAZRmax

Reaction score
Do we need to worry about battery memory or any of that BS, or am I ok to just charge my Razr whenever I find an open outlet?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
RAZRmax said:
Do we need to worry about battery memory or any of that BS, or am I ok to just charge my Razr whenever I find an open outlet?

No, just turn the phone off and charge to 100%, use until it gets down to 15%. Shut it off and charge to 100% again. This calibrates the battery monitor. Repeat every 2-3 months for the razr, 3-4 months for the maxx. Li-po batteries don't require conditioning, nor do they have memory issues associated with lithium ion batteries. Hope this helps??

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Edit. Never kill this battery. Turn off the phone if need be, to prevent this.

Yes you can plug this phone in anytime. Use the provided charger, and infact, frequent charging prolongs battery life because of less heat. Heat is this batteries enemy. Don't leave the phone inside of a hot car. It can cause swelling of the battery, and has in a few cases, cracked the screen under the glass.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

Battery memory, no. Charging whenever there is an open outlet, also a good thing. In fact, this type of battery actually prefers to be charged more frequently and in shorter busts. It also dislikes being at full charge for extended periods, so charging to 100% isn't necessary, except during "training" cycles. It prefers slow charging to rapid charging. It should not be discharged to 0 if it can be avoided under nearly all circumstances.

Still there are a couple things you should do to assure the best user experience...

It is recommended that you fully charge your battery to 100% with the power off when you initially get your phone to calibrate the meter to the battery's capacity, but you can do that same initial charge at a later date.

I would suggest you do the following 3-step process now to get the most out of your phone.

1) Turn your phone off, then plug into the stock wall charger and allow the phone to boot into Charge only mode. Let the phone charge to 100%. This should take 4 to 5 hours depending on what the level is when you start.
2) Power the phone on and use normally until the phone signals "Low battery" at 15%, then power off.
3) Repeat step one.

This meter calibration or "training" should be performed every 2 - 3 months or after the collective of 40 100% charges, so if you typically charge with about 40% remaining and charge to 90%, then the 50% charge would represent one half of a full charged cycle so in that example the "training" should be performed about every 80 days.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
FoxKat said:
Battery memory, no. Charging whenever there is an open outlet, also a good thing. In fact, this type of battery actually prefers to be charged more frequently and in shorter busts. It also dislikes being at full charge for extended periods, so charging to 100% isn't necessary, except during "training" cycles. It prefers slow charging to rapid charging. It should not be discharged to 0 if it can be avoided under nearly all circumstances.

Still there are a couple things you should do to assure the best user experience...

It is recommended that you fully charge your battery to 100% with the power off when you initially get your phone to calibrate the meter to the battery's capacity, but you can do that same initial charge at a later date.

I would suggest you do the following 3-step process now to get the most out of your phone.

1) Turn your phone off, then plug into the stock wall charger and allow the phone to boot into Charge only mode. Let the phone charge to 100%. This should take 4 to 5 hours depending on what the level is when you start.
2) Power the phone on and use normally until the phone signals "Low battery" at 15%, then power off.
3) Repeat step one.

This meter calibration or "training" should be performed every 2 - 3 months or after the collective of 40 100% charges, so if you typically charge with about 40% remaining and charge to 90%, then the 50% charge would represent one half of a full charged cycle so in that example the "training" should be performed about every 80 days.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

What he ^^^^said…

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
What he ^^^^said…

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

How did that happen? :icon_eek: When I started posting my reply there was no others, and when I was done, mine was the only reply, then later I see yours both before AND after mine. How did you sneak in before me? Do you have a secret portal that I am not aware of? :icon_evil:

Sorry, didn't mean to step on your toes, even if they weren't there when I put my foot down! :biggrin: Good post and advice!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
FoxKat said:
How did that happen? :icon_eek: When I started posting my reply there was no others, and when I was done, mine was the only reply, then later I see yours both before AND after mine. How did you sneak in before me? Do you have a secret portal that I am not aware of? :icon_evil:

Sorry, didn't mean to step on your toes, even if they weren't there when I put my foot down! :biggrin: Good post and advice!

Lol... hey your the mod... I'm just here ;) no worries. Besides, your post was much more informative :p

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!