battery charging

Kferg70806

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Question on charging battery's. I have of course the regular battery and the extened battery. Is there a better way of charging these battery's. I know years past, they said you should drain the battery all the way down, beacuse they can develope a momory. Is this true with these ? I think I read some where that these dont develope a memory. Little confused :icon_eek:

Thanks !

Viper Daimao

Reaction score
lithium batteries do not have a memory. It's actually bad for the battery to be at 100% or 0% charge. The best thing to do is to keep it charged around 30%-80%. Now what can happen is the software that tells you how much charge is left can get a little off so it's recommend on all devices that use a battery (cell phone, tablet, laptop) to let it drain all the way down to 0% once every month or 3.

Additionally, the slower you charge it, the better is what I understand.

wardo

Reaction score
read the battier threads in the other section. bump charge is a good way to bump the battery.

Viper Daimao

Reaction score
read the battier threads in the other section. bump charge is a good way to bump the battery.
it's also a good way to reduce the life of the battery. you will get extra power, but at the expense of lessening the life of your battery. You can weigh the risks yourself and decide if it's worth it to bump or not.

OP
K

Kferg70806

Reaction score
Thanks for the advise, in my case I don't think I will bump the battery, I rather it last longer.

Viper Daimao

Reaction score
Thanks for the advise, in my case I don't think I will bump the battery, I rather it last longer.
that's the way I'm going. Some people though, will bump their battery and buy extra batteries to use when the battery they've been bumping starts to degrade in a few months/year/however long. So that's an option too if you don't mind spending a few extra bucks for the longer life.