Just got my Thunderbolt today

grannynancy

Reaction score
WIth the unlimited package

It is charging right now and I bought the extended battery so I have a battery question.

If I keep the phone I plan on getting a seido convert case and know that cases are usually hard to pull of to swap out batteries.

What do folks do with the the original battery? Is there anyway to charge independantly and put in a cradle/USB to use as an external backup? I know that you can buy and external battery.

You know I read the reviews and ratings and know two folks who love the phone so I guess I will just have to "find out" the hard way. It seems you look at any phone and they all have similar user ratings.

-----------------

Also I am maintaining my env Touch phone to use as a replacement for my husband's phone should it or the battery die. .... Do I just charge it every few days to maintain? Remove battery and let run down? What is best way to keep an old phone in decent shape.

johnd09

Reaction score
I think most people keep the extended battery in the phone, unless you are a very, very heavy user it should last all day from what I hear, and seidio makes a charging dock that has a place to charge an extra battery and the phone at the same time. I don't know of an adapter that will turn the battery into an external backup, but there may be one somewhere. As for the old phone I don't really know the best way to keep the battery good, but I know that with Lithium ions it is not good for them to be completely run down so I would assume it would be best to keep it charged. Shouldn't take much with no use.

Sent from my Thunderbolt!!

OP
G

grannynancy

Reaction score
So far I am liking it. I get weak 4G in my basement but good upstairs. Seems about as fast as wireless on my home computer when on 4G

I am getting used to texting but then discovered I could TALK and it do my text for me and it decodes my speech better than I type!

Will call seido - don't know how the cradle would work with the protective armor. [giving this a few days to get used to it before I decide for sure]

Of course all those icons in the notify bar are driving me wild.

So now to see what apps I dont need and can either turn off or trash. That may be a few days off and on.