After a full charge, unplugging causes it to drop battery %?

xXJakeXx

Reaction score
This phone has me really bummed. There is just no way to reliably tell when the battery will bite the dust on this thing. I used it kinda heavily today and the battery seemed to be holding up well. After using it from 8:30 this morning to about 5:00 pm, from a full charge on the extended battery, it still showed 25% battery. I'm thinking, this is fantastic! I still have plenty for the ride home. I was planning on running it till it shutt off to see exactly what to expect, but I didn't expect this.

I turned the screen off, and that's when the phone went on the fritz. The screen came back on after about 10 seconds with the battery level warning saying to plug the phone in and that I had only 19% left. I dismissed the message and backed out of the battery usage screen. I turned the screen off again, and the battery message popped up again, this time saying that I had 12% battery, rince/repeat. It came up again at 5% and 2%. Before I could close the poppup on the 2% message, the phone shut down. This all happened in the course of about a minute and a half!

I think I've had enough of the phone. There are so many things I really like, such as the radio (always wanted one in a phone), and the camera takes nice pictures, etc, etc. There is so much to like, but above all, I need something that is reliable. This is not it. This has me kinda bummed because I was so excited to finally get my hands on the Thunderbolt. I've been holding on to my Rooted Droid1, out of contract, since last August. This phone feels light years better than the Droid, but at least my old fossile of a phone never let me down. I'm returning it after work. Verizon will have a fight on their hands if they give me any grief or try to charge me a return fee.

Mine is draining quickly as well, I havnt played ne games on it only texts and some quick phone calls as well as on these forums. I think im gonna go to Verizon and tell them to give me a new battery this is so frustrating! Other then that love the phone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

WillFCDroid

Reaction score
I returned the Thunderbolt after work and got my Droid1 re-connected. They did charge me the $35 return fee, which I will speak to the store manager about tomorrow since he was not there to over-ride it. The store rep said that he hadn't heard of any problems with the Thunderbolt. I asked him if he was aware of all the complaints about the battery and 4g connection issues posted in forums and all over the web. He said that he does not read the forums because they make stuff up and people there don't know what they are talking about. Classic! I said, no... the forums are where people go to get help because Verizon tech support is useless. He didn't like that too much, but at this point he was getting on my nerves.

If HTC and Verizon can fix the problems or at least alleviate them to a good degree, I will probably end up with another one Thunderbolt. I just can't see myself tied down to a two year contract on a phone having these issues. The question is, will Verizon still offer the $30 unlimited data if and when that happens. I sure hope so, otherwise I think I may just have shot myself on the foot as far as data plans go.

Good luck to all. I hope things get sorted out quickly because this could truly be a great phone.