Batteries...?

Godly 1

Reaction score
I've read a few posts about extended life batteries from the 2150 to the 3500 and then that the 2150 was replaced by the 2500 and now I found the 2500 with battery cover on a web site, Orion Gadgets I think... for $20.00 with free shipping! Does anyone know if this is the same 2500 that I've read is the good one? It seems too good a deal like I'm missing something...
To any info, Thanks!

OP
G

Godly 1

Reaction score
... And I just found a 3500 on Amazon with cover for $15.00!!! I am way confused as to why all these prices are so much lower than the $50.00-$60.00 I've read you guys talk about...

1heffer

Reaction score
If it's the seidio 3500 for 15 bucks, buy it-unless the seller looks shady. It may be worth the gamble on whether you get ripped off or not. It's a hell of a battery.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
If it's the seidio 3500 for 15 bucks, buy it-unless the seller looks shady. It may be worth the gamble on whether you get ripped off or not. It's a hell of a battery.

It's more than a hell of a battery, it's a Game Changer. It totally solved my battery problems and allowed me to use my Dinc as my main phone without sacrificing the way I want to use the phone - brightness turned up all the way, GPS and WiFi on 24/7, music apps playing constantly. That battery was the solution, not the workaround to my battery issues.

-Mike

OP
G

Godly 1

Reaction score
Yup, of I'm an idiot... I've never shopped on Amazon, and I learned very quickly that the super cheap price points I was asking about on the forum here, were "used" batteries... So I ordered up a new one, well, two actually... (one for the lovely girlfriend) directly from Amazon for $53 a piece, and WOW! Like everyone else has said, this battery makes the Dinc (in my opinion) THE MOST AMAZING PHONE EVER IN THE WORLD!!! Battery life for days and days and days and days!!!

ScottH123

Reaction score
I must throw in my .02 about the Seidio 3500mah battery. Game changer indeed! I was very dissapointed in the battery life of the OEM battery, so much so I was almost ready to give up the phone. But this battery makes it the phone I wanted.

Now if someone would just make a case to fit it.

Me and a friend of mine have both gotten this phone, the Speck case and the Seidio battery. We modified the Speck case to fit and I must say it is not too bad.

You need some safety glasses, a dremel tool with the cut-off discs and a sanding drum attachment.

1heffer

Reaction score
I've realized that I don't really need a case for my phone with this fatty battery shoved in the back. That being said, I would still LIKE to have a case on it. I had a crazy idea of buying a broken incredible, and using it to build a mold for the purpose of making a batch of cases. Carbon fiber anyone?

ScottH123

Reaction score
If you make CF ones with a rubberized back on them, hit me up! I know I will take a couple of them.

1heffer

Reaction score
If you make CF ones with a rubberized back on them, hit me up! I know I will take a couple of them.

On the outside? I'm already thinking it'll be necessary on the inside.
Btw, this idea is still just an idea. There are a lot of technicallities to work out :)

ScottH123

Reaction score
I would think that the inside needs to be like the Speck case, super thin foam. A rubberized outer on the back would keep the phone from sliding around. That type covering comes in handy when sitting the phone on the console of my car, work van or whatever.

1heffer

Reaction score
I just found cases for the 2150 battery at htcpedia.com that look nice. Looks like a very slight mod would let it slide on the 3500. Unfortunately the site went down for maintenance while I was checking it out.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I just found cases for the 2150 battery at htcpedia.com that look nice. Looks like a very slight mod would let it slide on the 3500. Unfortunately the site went down for maintenance while I was checking it out.

I have, on my Dinc., a 3500 battery along with the case that Seidio makes to go over the battery and (free) battery case. If you want one, go here: Amazon.com: Seidio Innocase Extended Case for HTC Droid Incredible for Use with Seidio's Innocell 3500 mAh Extended Life Battery: Cell Phones & Accessories

-Mike

1heffer

Reaction score
Yeah, not too thrilled with that seidio extended case. I linked it in my previous post. I want coverage all the way around. Does that seidio case ever snag on your pockets or anything? Looks like it might. It's obviously working for you, so,,, cool beans man.