Batter Life App - troubleshooting ideas?

Discussion in 'Koush' started by itchn2go, Dec 31, 2010.

1. itchn2go

itchn2go Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Craig,

thanks for reading. yeah, i went through all that. I am 10 feet from my wireless router and have 5 bars on VZW with strong 3G (tower near by). GPS off and but the phone would not sleep.

I bit the bullet yesterday and did a reset and wiped all data. I got compcache and the OC running first then started to install a few apps. Went to bed @ 90% battery and woke up to 90% battery!

Spare parts confirmed the phone slept all night (on 3G). It appears that on WiFi the phone does not sleep. I have the sleep setting (advanced wifi) set to when screen is off.

I will install my apps a few at a time and monitor the sleeping habits of the phone :)

I have a feeling this is going to be great once i get it set!

Ed

#13 itchn2go, Jan 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  2. itchn2go

itchn2go Member

Ratings:
    +0
  3. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Itch,

Have you tried playing with the wifi sleep policy settings in Spare Parts? Perhaps choosing a different toggle will help. I went through the thread you linked, and those folks are all over the place as the "reason". Wifi to Launcherpro. It is a worthwhile read as there is good information, but my take is that no one solution seemed to work for everyone.

Craig

4. itchn2go

itchn2go Member

Ratings:
    +0
    craig,

i don't see wifi setting in spare parts. the only sleep function is the pwr button. I have that set to sleep when pressed. with wifi on and that set it still does not sleep. bizzare...

I know that thread was all over the place i was just referencing it since others were having a problem...no solution but i am not alone :(

with wifi off battery seems great. the phone is sleeping again.

you know anything about rack and pinions in cars? lol...having car troubles too

5. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Itch,

The only thig I know about rack and pinion is that in my work truck mine needs work, that will have to wait until work picks up.....new phone - truck repair? Truck repair - new phone? The new dual core phones have my attention.

In my version of spare parts there is a wifi sleep policy setting. I just checked and it looks like I may have nuked the spare parts in CM6.1.2 and downloaded the market version.

Craig