Freezing Apps Troubleshooting

Tzabar

Reaction score
After fruitlessly searching online for the purpose and function of every process and application on my Droid, I started freezing apps using Titanium until something broke. Some trial and error later, I thought I found success... until my "battery & data manager" failed to load under settings. It force closes and tells me that the data manager app is not responding. I went back into Titanium and defrosted every application I could find that had the words data and/or manager... and still no success in getting the program to load.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

On a related note, the contacts list in my Talk application displays everyone as offline. I can still receive chats, respond to them, and even initiate them... I just can't see who is actually online or not. Logically, one could argue that it has to do with some app I froze and the unnecessarily interconnected nature of blur... but I can't seem to logically reason which app that would be.

Thoughts?

Thank you all for your help.

(On the plus side, I have managed to get my RAM usage down to about 170 and the stock battery is at 40% after 13 hours of moderate use. Makes such headaches worth it, me thinks.)